What dechlorinator?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I usually use Wardley's ChlorOut, but the last time I needed it, it was out of stock at my lfs. So, I've been using a product called Tap Water Conditioner by Aquarium Pharmaceuticals.

Both products are inexpensive and are measured out by drops per gallon.

Hey, I dont know if you guys have heard of SERA products, but I use the Sera Aqutan. It is the only all natural de-clor out there, also it has natural vitamin B in it to help proect the slime coat. Stress Coat and Aqua-Plus are too harsh on the fish and can actually cause adverse effects to the slime production on the fish(causeing too much slime coat and suffocating the fish!!) So if you can look for Sera products, its the best line of fish products out there, and know I dont work for them, I just know this from 10 years experience in the fish business. :D

Where the river goes said:
Phantom Thief said:
Tetra AquaSafe here. I was wondering, how long do you wait for the dechlorinator? I personally wait for 20-30 mins.

P.T.
De-chlorinators work instantley so there's no real need to wait for them to kick in.
So long as it's allowed to contact all the water.

I personally add it and then give the water a good stir followed by 10 mins to make sure.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back