What can I stock my 10 gallon with??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I would say that this tank is fine because it is long rather than tall. It has a footprint of 23 x 12 inches.

Byron may well comment when he logs on.
My bad, I didn’t realize it have that long of a foot print. :)

@Byron, what say you?

For a tank in the UK, it does have an unusually long footprint for the volume. tall tanks are more common than long here.

I would say that this tank is fine because it is long rather than tall. It has a footprint of 23 x 12 inches.

Byron may well comment when he logs on.

Agree. It is usually the actual surface area (of the substrate or the water surface, they are obviously the same dimensions) that matters more than volume. And neons being sedate tetras (non active swimming) are OK in a tank with a length of 24 inches (60 cm).

And to Phoenix, there is nothing messed up with tank sizes on SF, that was just one profile that needs correcting. Though one might find another slip somewhere, but the vast majority are accurate.

And to Phoenix, there is nothing messed up with tank sizes on SF, that was just one profile that needs correcting. Though one might find another slip somewhere, but the vast majority are accurate.
Ok, I thought you just said that most of the profiles were messed up. So it was just the rummy nose tetra profile that was messed up?

And can 6 neon tetras really be kept in a 10g tank?

Ok, I thought you just said that most of the profiles were messed up. So it was just the rummy nose tetra profile that was messed up?

That is the only one that has been brought to my attention, plus the temperature slip on the neon tetra profile.

And can 6 neon tetras really be kept in a 10g tank?

Preferably not, the 20g (length 24 inches/60 cm) is minimum, though a 15 g with the same dimensions is the same. If someone has 6 neons in a 10g I would not tell them to give up, but it is not the ideal. When someone on the forum asks in advance, we try to give reliable advice. Having to deal with a "done deal" so to speak can sometimes be difficult.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Back