What are you doing today?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Maybe someday you can write and illustrate and publish your own children's book.

The Badgerling and I had a great idea for a kids' book one time, and Juice would be the perfect person to illustrate it. Remember this, @TheLavenderBadger ?

A pearl gourami is born and grows up in a South-East Asia biotope tank. She thinks the aquarium is the whole world. But one fateful day, a group of wild-caught dwarf chain loaches are introduced to the tank. They immediately begin exploring the tank, as chain loaches will do, chattering busily amongst themselves and trying to figure out where they are. They are momentarily even fooled into thinking they are back in Thailand, so familiar are the plants and fish species. The adult gouramis, of course, do not deign to hang out with mere bottom feeders, but Pearl lingers near the new loaches, eavesdropping on their conversation. That night, as the other fish doze, she cruises down to the bottom of the tank, where the wild loaches regale her with tales of her homeland. Finally she returns to her resting place in the floating plants, and dreams beautiful dreams of a beautiful home she never knew she had.

Based on a true story. :)

that would make for a great childen's illustrated book....or maybe a beginning point for a aquarium/fish children's book

The Badgerling and I had a great idea for a kids' book one time, and Juice would be the perfect person to illustrate it. Remember this, @TheLavenderBadger ?

A pearl gourami is born and grows up in a South-East Asia biotope tank. She thinks the aquarium is the whole world. But one fateful day, a group of wild-caught dwarf chain loaches are introduced to the tank. They immediately begin exploring the tank, as chain loaches will do, chattering busily amongst themselves and trying to figure out where they are. They are momentarily even fooled into thinking they are back in Thailand, so familiar are the plants and fish species. The adult gouramis, of course, do not deign to hang out with mere bottom feeders, but Pearl lingers near the new loaches, eavesdropping on their conversation. That night, as the other fish doze, she cruises down to the bottom of the tank, where the wild loaches regale her with tales of her homeland. Finally she returns to her resting place in the floating plants, and dreams beautiful dreams of a beautiful home she never knew she had.

I LOVE that story idea!

kids love fish and aquariums....and juicebox loves fish and aquariums and is skilled already in drawing fish....my bet is she could come up with a great childen's book about that subject and I bet with proper promotion/publishing it could be a great seller.

I would love to do that and I’d probably do it for free for you badge😂

Most reactions

Back