What are you doing today?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Here in Sheridan Wyoming it snowed yesterday and is supposed to be in the low 60s tomorrow. Sheridan is an odd area for winter. In the middle of January and February we will get days in the 50s and 60s due to Chinook winds coming down off the mountains. It can literally be minus 20F one day and plus 60F two days after.

Not that bad really. I've been dealing with it for ~50 years so have adjusted. Basically I just had my brain turn off most of it. The eye was really messed up though including corneal abrasion which caused scaring which is the cause of the glaucoma as a large percentage of the little pressure relief valves (as I call them) around the iris are blocked. Along with that there was also a lacerated iris, ruptured lens sac and detached retina. Hey, at least the U.S. Navy took care of me. I've been getting disability retirement pay for ~50 years now and have close to totally free medical coverage.

Speaking of a brain it is amazing what they can do. Being blind in one eye I don't have true depth perception as that requires stereoscopic vision (two eyes) yet the human brain can come up with other ways to do things if allowed. Two years after losing sight in the right eye I got an MVP trophy in a softball tournament playing outfield. If playing outfield isn't judging depth please tell me what is. ;)

Actually sight is an odd thing. The lens in the human eye is crystalline lens which means that everything actually seen through your eyes is up-side-down. (look through a drop of water and you will see a view of what is on the other side but it will be up-side-down. The drop of water actually forms the same type of lens as in your eye.). Your brain flips the image to up-side-up. There was an actual study done where goggles were used to introduce a second crystalline lens. Immediately the participants saw the world up-side-down. Can't remember the actual time span (less than 2 days seems to sound right) but the brain adjusted and things were up-side-up again. When the goggles were removed the world was again up-side-down but, again, the brain adjusted.
Glad to hear you're being cared for!

Really sorry about all the damage caused to your eyes

I doubt we'll get snow this winter... The meteorologist don't even know the Carolina weather in the winter 🤣

A few years back they said we MAY get snow but they doubted we'd get much. But we got a good amount (for our area at least). Big flakes to!
This lat winter though the meteorologist goes: "We should be getting some nice snowfall"... Yah no lol. We got snow but it was small teensy ice pellets. Too small to be hail but to dense to be snow so somewhere between snow and hail lol.
It wasnt fun snow and we barely got any 😂

I doubt we'll get snow this winter... The meteorologist don't even know the Carolina weather in the winter 🤣

A few years back they said we MAY get snow but they doubted we'd get much. But we got a good amount (for our area at least). Big flakes to!
This lat winter though the meteorologist goes: "We should be getting some nice snowfall"... Yah no lol. We got snow but it was small teensy ice pellets. Too small to be hail but to dense to be snow so somewhere between snow and hail lol.
It wasnt fun snow and we barely got any 😂
Last year while I was in Florida with my friend for Christmas my family got snowed in for a week 🤣

Glad to hear you're being cared for!

Really sorry about all the damage caused to your eyes
Thanks but, to be honest, I haven't considered it a big deal for ages. Left eye is totally fine with no issues except for glasses that are mostly for reading.

The way I see it is that my past made me who I am today and I happen to sort of like me. I irritate myself at times but basically like who I am. If I hadn't lost sight in my right eye my life, in many ways, would have been different and I may not ended up liking me. It is like I NEVER have a bad day. The only difference between a good and bad day is attitude. If I wake up and it seems like a bad day I adjust my attitude to where it becomes a good day. Not always as easy to do as it is to say but it works for me

Last year while I was in Florida with my friend for Christmas my family got snowed in for a week 🤣
When in Florida many strange things can happen... And it seems like when a lady from Washington state goes to Florida it decided to have a quick freeze...

Thanks but, to be honest, I haven't considered it a big deal for ages. Left eye is totally fine with no issues except for glasses that are mostly for reading.

The way I see it is that my past made me who I am today and I happen to sort of like me. I irritate myself at times but basically like who I am. If I hadn't lost sight in my right eye my life, in many ways, would have been different and I may not ended up liking me. It is like I NEVER have a bad day. The only difference between a good and bad day is attitude. If I wake up and it seems like a bad day I adjust my attitude to where it becomes a good day. Not always as easy to do as it is to say but it works for me
Great outlook! Always good to see!

When in Florida many strange things can happen... And it seems like when a lady from Washington state goes to Florida it decided to have a quick freeze...
Then in 2019 we got over two feet, and we were leaving to go back to NZ, our pet sitter couldn’t get his car out of the snow, so they used a backhoe to dig it out but then the backhoe got stuck too

Then in 2019 we got over two feet, and we were leaving to go back to NZ, our pet sitter couldn’t get his car out of the snow, so they used a backhoe to dig it out but then the backhoe got stuck too
I'm sure then it wasn't funny but that is funny when you hear it. Ironic lol 😅

i am trying to save my betta tank and my quarantine tank....
my betta tank is a total mess right now and i plan to move some plants and add some sand maybe this weekend

i am trying to save my betta tank and my quarantine tank....
my betta tank is a total mess right now and i plan to move some plants and add some sand maybe this weekend
What happened Sgooosh? Sorry it's not going well...

What happened Sgooosh? Sorry it's not going well...

i really have no idea XD
I think Wiggly boy is happy though. His fins are growing in such a weird way...
all the plants are dying, and there are around 5 types of nasty algae growing in there...
i cleaned most of the algae today :)

perhaps it's all the tannins? do you have any experience with betta tanks?

i really have no idea XD
I think Wiggly boy is happy though. His fins are growing in such a weird way...
all the plants are dying, and there are around 5 types of nasty algae growing in there...
i cleaned most of the algae today :)

perhaps it's all the tannins? do you have any experience with betta tanks?
I had one betta tank and it was a big fail. I did most everything the wrong way 😂

I will say, tannins shouldn't be the issue. Usually they are beneficial.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back