Salmonberry
Strawberry
2 types of blackberry
boysenberry
Thimble berry
Another type of similar to blackberry forgot lol
Our passion fruit will start producing this year
Our lemon and limes will start producing next year

Lots of tomatoes (at least 8 types but I think more)
Two types of artichoke
Potatoes
Bell peppers
Jalapeños
Cucumbers (couple types)
Variety of lettuce
Green and purple cabbage
Corn
Swiss chard
Asparagus, a lot of it
Pumpkins
Butternut squash
Other squash
Cantaloupe
Watermelon

Lots of types of kale
Spinach
Onions
Garlic
Elephant garlic
4 types of mint
A lot of other herbs

There’s a lot more I just can’t think of right now

Overall we have
Apples
Peaches
Feijoas
Cherries
Asian pear
Pear
Plum
Persimmon
Blueberries
Huckleberry
Salmonberry
Strawberry
2 types of blackberry
boysenberry
Thimble berry
Another type of similar to blackberry forgot lol
Our passion fruit will start producing this year
Our lemon and limes will start producing next year

Lots of tomatoes (at least 8 types but I think more)
Two types of artichoke
Potatoes
Bell peppers
Jalapeños
Cucumbers (couple types)
Variety of lettuce
Green and purple cabbage
Corn
Swiss chard
Asparagus, a lot of it
Pumpkins
Butternut squash
Other squash
Cantaloupe
Watermelon

Lots of types of kale
Spinach
Onions
Garlic
Elephant garlic
4 types of mint
A lot of other herbs

There’s a lot more I just can’t think of right now
Imma be honest I went:
"Hmmhmm mhmm... Hmm... Yup. Skip a few... Alright wow that's a lot"

That's a lot.... Sounds delicious to! (From the stuff I saw 😅)

Just got to keep pushing I guess Juice!

My goodness! It's a fricking constant ache all up and down my dang back...
Seems like it's all on my left side hmm... Strange.

I got up to walk and the pressure from standing set it off a bit more 😒

"Oh hello again friend..."

Do you know what it feels like to have your eyeballs hurt? I do....
Actually I do. Due to a military injury I have trauma induced glaucoma in my right eye and am allergic to glaucoma meds. Normal pressure within an eye ball is 20mm mercury. My right eye averages 45-50mm mercury. LOL! Trust me. I KNOW when a storm is coming in.

Actually I do. Due to a military injury I have trauma induced glaucoma in my right eye and am allergic to glaucoma meds. Normal pressure within an eye ball is 20mm mercury. My right eye averages 45-50mm mercury. LOL! Trust me. I KNOW when a storm is coming in.
Daaaang man... Sorry. That's rough....

Daaaang man... Sorry. That's rough....
Not that bad really. I've been dealing with it for ~50 years so have adjusted. Basically I just had my brain turn off most of it. The eye was really messed up though including corneal abrasion which caused scaring which is the cause of the glaucoma as a large percentage of the little pressure relief valves (as I call them) around the iris are blocked. Along with that there was also a lacerated iris, ruptured lens sac and detached retina. Hey, at least the U.S. Navy took care of me. I've been getting disability retirement pay for ~50 years now and have close to totally free medical coverage.

Speaking of a brain it is amazing what they can do. Being blind in one eye I don't have true depth perception as that requires stereoscopic vision (two eyes) yet the human brain can come up with other ways to do things if allowed. Two years after losing sight in the right eye I got an MVP trophy in a softball tournament playing outfield. If playing outfield isn't judging depth please tell me what is. ;)

Actually sight is an odd thing. The lens in the human eye is crystalline lens which means that everything actually seen through your eyes is up-side-down. (look through a drop of water and you will see a view of what is on the other side but it will be up-side-down. The drop of water actually forms the same type of lens as in your eye.). Your brain flips the image to up-side-up. There was an actual study done where goggles were used to introduce a second crystalline lens. Immediately the participants saw the world up-side-down. Can't remember the actual time span (less than 2 days seems to sound right) but the brain adjusted and things were up-side-up again. When the goggles were removed the world was again up-side-down but, again, the brain adjusted.

Had a stressful week of school and internship. Decided to head over to my LFS after I finished my class today and I was surprised of what my LFS brought in. There was two species of fish that have caught my attention when browsing the store. Those two species are Oryzias dancena and Aphyosemion australe (wild type and I'm assuming it's Cape Lopez, though I will ask tomorrow). I was really excited when I saw those fish at my LFS and it had surely made my week a bit better after dealing the hectic week of school and internship.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back