What are you cooking?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tonight is going to be a bit of a feast with a deep fried chicken breast and full wing, mashed taters with sweet corn mixed in, gravy and Coleslaw.

Should have picked some jellied cranberry sauce but didn't think of it. I think I'll survive. ;)

Oh, left off an important part... Desert will be warm peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream. The cobbler is a premade frozen thing that you bake and not a brand I know but peach is peach and can't be all bad. I should have been born in Georgia as I'm a peach freak. While I like apple pie I'd take a peach pie any day over the apple. Forget cherry or blue berry pies, just not a fan. ;)

Actually one of my favorites is fried peaches. Get a can of peach halves and throw in a skillet with a half and half mix of the caned syrup and butter. Fry on medium to medium high heat until the peaches are browned on top and bottom and the butter/syrup mix gets really thick and sticky. Totally wonderful with a pork chop! A little crisp and crumbled bacon makes it even better.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Last edited:
I think I shared this on another thread, but it was so delicious I'll share it here too. We're using up the last of last year's elk to make room in the freezer for (hopefully) a new one soon to come. Sirloin tips with tequila lime sauce. Might not look like much, but it tastes like contentment, love, and wonderfulness. Limes and cilantro are magical. Add tequila, butter, and heavy cream, in proper measure and at just the right moment, and the cosmos tilts slightly on its axis.

IMG_0535.jpg

Actually not cooking this at the moment but something I ran across and will have to give a try! LOL! Just sounds too freaky to not try. :)

How about some deep fried milk?? :dunno:

So what is deep fried milk? Here is a quote from the linked site, Kitchen misadventured.
Kitchen Misadventures said:
Deep fried milk is a Chinese dessert that started in the Shunde District of Guangdong. It is popularly served at Cantonese dim sum restaurants that pairs well with condensed milk, vanilla caramel sauce, or any of your favorite dipping sauces. You may wonder if it is possible to fry milk when it is supposed to be a drink.

Actually not cooking this at the moment but something I ran across and will have to give a try! LOL! Just sounds too freaky to not try. :)

So what is deep fried milk? Here is a quote from the linked site, Kitchen misadventured.
Some custard sort of thing?

I’ve made this. It tastes sweet with a little hint of cheese

Intriguing, don't remember being offered this in my many Dim Sum visits. Many have to try this as well

Intriguing, don't remember being offered this in my many Dim Sum visits. Many have to try this as well
Actually I saved the recipe but totally forgot about it as often happens with me. ;) If I ever get around to actually doing it I'd want a dipping sauce. I'm thing of either a raspberry or blackberry compote. Those are my two favorite berries.

I just got a recipe book from Compassion Intl called "Around the world in 12 recipes." South America, Central America/the Caribbean, Central Africa, and South Asia are represented. I'm looking forward to trying some of these. Especially since the freezer is dismally lacking venison this year.

Last edited:
Soon be partially cooking some penne pasta to make some 'poor mans lasagna' as I call it. Mix the partially cooked pasta in a big bowl with sketti sauce with all the shrooms meats ... etc.. Make layers of the pasta mix and layers or cheese and bake. Sort of hybrid between lasagna and baked ziti or rigatoni.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back