What are you cooking?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Well, today I'm making a diet vegetable soup for my grandmother. Since she has diabetes, she asked me to prepare something that would suit her, and of course I couldn't refuse her. So today is diet day. Plus must not forget to buy her medicines. Or buy them online. In any case, I have to run to make soup. Good luck !
Good luck man! Sounds like your a good grandkid!

E9498A77-564C-4557-A494-9F5F380B4F75.jpeg

Yesterday I cooked a batch of butter chicken, now in the freezer, overnight a beef stew has been cooking and will be frozen later and later its going to be pork korma in the slowcooker that will cook overnight in the slowcooker and be frozen tomorrow........over the weekend its a batch of chilli con carne and a batch of pork curry to be cooked and frozen

Enough meals to last til Christmas, possibly longer....and cost of cooking no more than a single lightbulb.

Yesterday I cooked a batch of butter chicken, now in the freezer, overnight a beef stew has been cooking and will be frozen later and later its going to be pork korma in the slowcooker that will cook overnight in the slowcooker and be frozen tomorrow........over the weekend its a batch of chilli con carne and a batch of pork curry to be cooked and frozen

Enough meals to last til Christmas, possibly longer....and cost of cooking no more than a single lightbulb.
Yum that sounds delicious

Blackeye peas & a generous portion of ham, leftover from Thanksgiving

Still needs to reduce a bit, 7 or 8 hours total cook time

Attachments

• Peas & Ham.jpg
    Peas & Ham.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 31
The chicken & sausage soup/stew, again ... just made up a recipe as I went along, years ago, and it's become a favorite with the family & friends...it's a bit different every time, depending on the ingredients I have on hand...but the necessities are always there

Done yesterday, sat in the fridge for 24H to blend the flavors...time to make some rice 🍽️

Attachments

• Stew.jpg
    Stew.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 27
The chicken & sausage soup/stew, again ... just made up a recipe as I went along, years ago, and it's become a favorite with the family & friends...it's a bit different every time, depending on the ingredients I have on hand...but the necessities are always there

Done yesterday, sat in the fridge for 24H to blend the flavors...time to make some rice 🍽️
Day old food really is the best. The flavors really go up a notch.

Day old food really is the best. The flavors really go up a notch.
Totally agree especially with things like stews and sketti sauce. I always cook such things slow and low then refrigerate and cook again the next day.

As to this evening I'm having a 'take and bake' pizza from a local shop while watching football.

New Year's Eve grillin' ...

Attachments

• Grill 1.jpg
    Grill 1.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Grill 2.jpg
    Grill 2.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 30

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online