What Are The Pitfalls And Perils

my mate has just come back. Job done. Will pick up the tank thursday. OMG I've done it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
[/quote]

who is she? doh! just got the joke! (smacks forehead!)
[/quote]

Vieja Synspila..... Who-ever she may be... Does she know you love her???
 
Vieja Synspila are large and aggressive IME so i'd advse you to choose your tankmates very carefully to avoid casualties,

Personally I would keep just the single cichlid, with a shoal of dithers, (i.e.silver dollars, tinfoils or bala sharks) then maybe a large pleco or bircher, and a couple of large catfish or even a shoal of clown loach
 
Congrats, though I don't envy you the task of getting it back - I'm guessing you'll need either a van or a saloon sized car with roof rails.

What filter does it come with?
 
Congrats, though I don't envy you the task of getting it back - I'm guessing you'll need either a van or a saloon sized car with roof rails.

What filter does it come with?

sorry about the delay in responding. Just went over to look at the filter now you mentioned it. I've never heard of it before but it is an X5 if that makes any sense to you guys. Tank available now, but can't get transport till thursday! NIGHTMARE!
 
the filter sounds like a Fluval X5, if so it should be ok as long as you aren't looking to heavily stock the tank
 
Thanks for the reply mate, yeah I think it was a fluval come to think of it. I don't think I will over stock the tank, as I'm into my cichlids, and might just choose a few big ones, together with a few smaller compatible tank mates. Gotta get my head on what to have eh!
 
First thing I'd buy if it was my tank would be silver sharks, but thats down to a deep rooted love of the fish. I'd buy them and work out what I could fit in around them.

But your idea is more sensible :) big cichlids sounds like a plan.
 
thanks for your input mate. I too love silver sharks, but I am leaning more towards cichlids. Maybe an unusual sevrum?

mmm the mind boggles on....
 
Thats the beauty of it though - you are finally in a position where you're only restricted by the types of fish, and even less so than normal in that with a tank of that size territory should be less of an issue.

I envy you :)
 
cheers wendy. I've been told by some women the bigger the better. Is this always the case? LOL. Really looking forward to my "new" tank
 

Most reactions

Back
Top