What are differences between aquariums owned by rich people vs aquariums owned by poor/normal people?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I have several things I have seen...

Rich:
1( They buy bigger tanks
2( They buy “better” tanks. (Tank brands like FLUVAL)
3( They buy expensive substrate
4( They buy expensive fish
5( They brag

“Poor”:
1( They buy sensible equipment
2( They care more for their fish*
3( They essentially do everything opposite of what I said above.

* My pint of view, is that rich people don’t care about their fish. If some of their fish die, what do they care? They just go buy more. “Poor” aquarium owners tend to care more about their fish.

This is just my experience. :)
Well said you've hit the lot in one ;):good:

Money buys the best equipment. It buys the best fish from growers- meaning you get vibrant blue and yellow rainbows compared to the paler fish the rest of us buy. But,when you can buy the best filters? Thats a huge advantage over the rest of us with rube goldberg things with clear plastic drawers for trickle filters-lol. Also,money buys energy.
THATS A HUGE THING. If Bill Gates wants in Seattle an outdoor one acre pond heated to 80f all year for his collection of tropical fish..with hundred yard viewing window...money to heat it and not even a second thought or slightest slow down in his lifestyle? Money does that.
The best foods for the fish.
Money though,doesn't buy knowledge or appreciation. But,if they do have that..money makes everything come to fruititon.
I was youtubing with green aqua and one of the part owners set up a 5 gallon and he spent $300 or $500 for the top of the line light fixture alone...Co2 system and much computer operated auto everything system were added cost. I said that was a Porsche 5 gallon and he said "Porsche?, Ferrari!"

Ive seen "poor" people not give a hoot about their fish, just seen it as decoration that can be replaced easily.

That said, even if i was a billionaire, id probably still not have any glorious types of fish.

Just a gazillion cories everywhere.

I expect I would be considered poor within this hobby. Currently furloughed but I'm very much a working class bloke. A lot of hours for not enough money. Not an uncommon story.
A tactic I often use is save and splurge. Also, utilising cheaper brands or sourcing things second hand.
My flex is the first tank in a long time where everything I'm using is new, being a nano it's a little more affordable.

I admire other peoples tanks whether money loaded or not but I don’t dwell on what others have better. I spend that much time at my tanks whether it’s cleaning/mucking around or watching everyone in there. I suppose I’m just happy with what I have and created.

But I have to so agree with @NCaquatics and all that cory love!!!!!! :wub: :wub::wub:

I have several things I have seen...

Rich:
1( They buy bigger tanks
2( They buy “better” tanks. (Tank brands like FLUVAL)
3( They buy expensive substrate
4( They buy expensive fish
5( They brag

“Poor”:
1( They buy sensible equipment
2( They care more for their fish*
3( They essentially do everything opposite of what I said above.

* My pint of view, is that rich people don’t care about their fish. If some of their fish die, what do they care? They just go buy more. “Poor” aquarium owners tend to care more about their fish.

This is just my experience. :)
@PheonixKingZ just made me a rich man :yahoo:I own a Fluval.

I love topics like this. Rich and poor are definitions that can be interpreted differently depending on who you’re asking. Having said that, I wouldn’t suggest for a minute that ‘rich’ people care less about their fish. Far from it. Would you say the same if this question was asked in a dog forum?

Aquariums are a luxury for all of us. They aren’t a commodity. Therefore, in my eyes everybody on this forum that owns a fish tank is rich.

My profile hasn't been updated for years. In 2016 I got thrown out of my home by an incompetent judicial system and lost everything.

My profile hasn't been updated for years. In 2016 I got thrown out of my home by an incompetent judicial system and lost everything.
That sucks man! Messy seperation? If so, although my situation differs, I can relate.
I realise it may seem we have disagreed in the past, that was never my intention, the context was lost, partly due to me not having the intellect to match the legitimate discussion I wanted which ended up losing its way for which I take responsibility. However, I remember you from my previous username days. You are indeed a wealth of knowledge and when your situation improves, which it will I assure you, i expect myself and the majority of this forum will look forward to following your progress.

That sucks man! Messy seperation?
My abusive sister lied to the courts and took out a vro (violence restraining order)against me and had me thrown out of my home so she could move in and squat there while I died on the street. Seven months later the vro was cancelled because there was no grounds for it to be issued. However, that was too little too late because my sister had chucked or sold everything I owned. She killed my birds, she killed my fish, she threw out my plants, she lied to the cops and had me arrested numerous times for allegedly breaching the vro after it was cancelled. She cost me everything I owned and cared about.

Nobody in the government, courts or cops wants to comment on the matter even though the cops lied about what they did to my house keys and they didn't give me a copy of the vro for my own records. The cops even changed details on the vro after I had signed and dated it, which is against the law. And the cops didn't remove the vro from their system after it had been cancelled and 18months later it was still on their system after the courts ordered it to be removed.

Most reactions

Back