We're changing up the Tank of the Month contest....read all about it.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Did you rub your fingers together like Monty Burns when you said "Excellent" :devil:

------------------

Banners should be removed at the end of the year, or if they have to keep them, put the year on it. eg: Tank of the month winner 2020.

Maybe have 11 tank of the month contests, and the 12th is a competition between the winners from that year.
A year on the banner would be pretty cool, but it would also make them much bigger...

My only issue was with the last tank contest = looks like you only gave people about 3 days to post their pictures. I realize you probably saw all the entries and stopped it since you had plenty, but I had mine all ready to go but was a day late getting to the forum to post it. No big deal - there are some gorgeous tanks entered that I wouldn't be able to compete with but it just felt really fast. I don't check the forum (or my email) daily I guess. Can't really reuse the photo since it's labeled Nov 2020 and we change our tank landscape around every week so it will never look exactly like that again.

I think the reason members had only a few days to post their entries was that there were 10 places available and the 10th entry was posted within days of the contest opening so it was closed at that point even though it officially had several days left to run. Other contests have been open for the full duration and never had a full number of entries.

It's clearly stated in my first post in each contest thread how long the contest will run. In this case it was for 6 days OR when we get 10 entries, whichever comes first. The reason we limit the number of entries is to get them all on one page and to make it easier to view all the entries.

Jan...I hope you enter your tank in the February contest which will again feature tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger. December's contest will feature tanks sized at 16 gallons and smaller.

Next up, in mid November, is our Pet of the Month contest. If you have a pet in your household besides fish, we encourage our members to enter the POTM contest. So get your pics ready!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back