Well, my ADFs disappeared...

Origami Gourami

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I spent ages last night trying to locate the two little fellas, no a sight anywhere. Not behind plants, up on the floating leaves, hiding in the shadows, doing a few lengths in the current; nowhere to be seen. :unsure:

If anybody has a Fluval 200-400 they'll be familiar with the suction cup bracket that fits to the glass. Well, I spied what looked suspiciously like a tiny webbed hand peeking out. I moved the lid of the tank back and shone a small torch light down the top of the bracket - to find two little faces and assorted wriggly limbs snuggled in the hollow of the bracket! :wub:

Since then I have seen them standing up with their noses out of the water taking in the morning air from this new cubby hole! They also like to have a few worms plopped over their den, as they can tuck in without any pesky bettas or red tail piggies stealing it all! :p

I wish they'd frequent somewhere a little more prominent and aesthetically pleasing, but there we go! :rolleyes:

Thankfully they still come out occassionally for an explore and a swim.

I just have to be ultra careful about moving the filter from now on. They don't go out of their way to make life easy...! :dunno:

Hi Origami Gourami :)

I'm glad your little frogs are doing well. :nod: But you sure know how to startle a mod with the title of a thread. :X ............ :lol:

Sorry Inchworm! Didn't mean to alarm you! :D I'm thinking of calling the pair Penn and Teller, based on their disappearing/reappearing tricks (plus one is distinctly fatter)! Plus they do, on occassion stand on their back legs and bow!

It's either that or Paul and Debbie, but that's a UK magician and assistant I think the USA were spared (trust me, that's good thing...)

I've now got mental images of a frog in a DJ, showing the audience an empty box before another in a glittery tutu hops inside... <drumroll> 'dah-daaaah!' :crazy:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back