Well, Figured Out What Celes' Deal Is...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kairi

Fish Addict
Reaction score
She's got dropsy. :sad: I've given her anti biotics, but (like every other sick fish I've had) she won't eat them. I've dipped her twice in an epson salt bath... now I suppose we just wait to see what happens tomorrow. Poor little thing. What a life- get saved from a cup only to get bad sick 15 days later -_-

So frustrating! That's what happened to my last 3 VT boys... and now Celes.

Say prayers for Luna and Icarus. I will be devastated if I end up loosing them too.

I am so sorry...but you are doing all you can...will keep fingers crossed.... :good:

is it really all water quality? i mean.... the other two are just fine... in different tanks, but just fine.

i suppose i'm trying to find a way to make me feel better.... since my last THREE have had dropsy- not counting Celes. ya think she was sick when i bought her? -_-

im not sure if this makes any difference but were they housed in the same tank by any chance, and if they were how did you disinfect the tank?? im not trying to make you feel bad or anything but that could have something to do with it....... im so sorry about your lil girl though. hopefuly she will be one of the lucky ones and pull through.

She's got dropsy. :sad: I've given her anti biotics, but (like every other sick fish I've had) she won't eat them. I've dipped her twice in an epson salt bath... now I suppose we just wait to see what happens tomorrow. Poor little thing. What a life- get saved from a cup only to get bad sick 15 days later -_-

So frustrating! That's what happened to my last 3 VT boys... and now Celes.

Say prayers for Luna and Icarus. I will be devastated if I end up loosing them too.

Dropsy is very hard to cure in Fish there is one more thing you could try to do to help with it you can go to your LFs and get some tetracycline tablets and cut one in half crush it up till gets into a powder form and put in the water. U can also try Malifax iots not usually used for dropsy but may help. Also to further help i need to know ur water conditions? do you add a small amount of salt to ur water whats ur PH and whats ur tank temp?Also what u feed ur bettas will also cause dropsy so i need to know what u feed if u feed live worms that may what caused it or feeding to many bloodworms.

she is too small to eat pellets, so she's been eating only bloodworms, and occasionally crushed flake food (but it's not her favorite).

she's in a 1 gallon tank- so the stats are ammonia 0 nitrites 0 nitrates 0 pH 7.2 temp (varies) but today it's 82°

i've only had her 2 weeks.

she isn't going to make it... it's pretty easy to tell that. she's really swollen now, and just hanging out on the marbles at the bottom of the tank. hubby suggested taking her back to the lps, but if i can't fix her- they definatly can't. i just feel bad for her, i wish there was something else i could do.

:-( :sad: reading this made me sad :sad: :-(
I wish you the best of luck with lil Celes, she looks beautiful... poor thing :(
My fingers are crossed for you, bless the little thing.

she is too small to eat pellets, so she's been eating only bloodworms, and occasionally crushed flake food (but it's not her favorite).

she's in a 1 gallon tank- so the stats are ammonia 0 nitrites 0 nitrates 0 pH 7.2 temp (varies) but today it's 82°

i've only had her 2 weeks.

she isn't going to make it... it's pretty easy to tell that. she's really swollen now, and just hanging out on the marbles at the bottom of the tank. hubby suggested taking her back to the lps, but if i can't fix her- they definatly can't. i just feel bad for her, i wish there was something else i could do.

Ya sopunds like thats what happen Blood worms arent meant for everyday feeding for bettas they should be used as a treat only. Basically dropsy from my understanding is Basically kidney failure that cause fluid build up in the fish body due to over feeding of one kind of food they need variety when my fry where to small for pellets and to big for first bites i use to feed them a varied diet of crushed pellets frozen baby brine shrimp and on ocasion blood worms but i feed the crushed pellets more often than the others. Also another helpful hint for people is bettas do like alittle salt in there water they love it. I usually used rocked salt to be cost efficient but the salt allows them to thrive and also helps with prevention of parasites, ick, tail rot etc.. I always added about a half a teaspoon rock salt per 1 gal of water.

i haven't ever constantly fed *any* of my fish a bloodworm only diet, but seeing as she's only been here 2 weeks- i didn't figure it was going to kill her. (no pun intended)

it's bugging me that she's sick- especially since she's atop my tv cabinet. gr. she's a lot puffier today -_- i wish there was a nice way to end her suffering- you can tell she's miserable.

i haven't ever constantly fed *any* of my fish a bloodworm only diet, but seeing as she's only been here 2 weeks- i didn't figure it was going to kill her. (no pun intended)

it's bugging me that she's sick- especially since she's atop my tv cabinet. gr. she's a lot puffier today -_- i wish there was a nice way to end her suffering- you can tell she's miserable.

I didnt mean to make it sound like i was saying u were incompitant at taking care of a betta sorry if i did i was just putting info out there for others to also read so they know for future reference i am positive u didnt mean to over feed if that was infact what happen it could have been caused by the previous care takers of that betta or just something that happen wouldnt be to hard on your self and I wish your betta the best of luck and hopefully by cutting down on feeding maybe she will pull thru Hang in there.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back