We saw a huge pacu!

pondfreak4365

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Yesterday we were out of town and stopped in a lfs to kill some time. They had a red pacu that was huge! This big boy had been returned when the fish outgrew his 20 gallon tank at the age of 5 months. He was not for sale, thankfully had a notice on the tank that these fish are just too large for aquaria. He is currently 3 years old and about 18 inches long, 15 inches tall and probably 8 inches thick! He is a pet for the staff at the lfs, and is tame like a puppy! They hand feed him algae wafers, he gets a cup per day. If the person feeding forgets to feed him first, he splashes water all over the floor! :lol: :lol:

i have saw a huge pacu 2 days ago but it is not as big as the i u saw and the 1 i saw was not tamed, how do u tame a fish anyways? :X

Sounds about the size of mine. He currently resides in a 265 gal. tank, with his buddy a nine inch turquoise severum. Now if I can only get him to use a knife and fork!

Kevin,
This guy has been hand-fed since he was a baby. Currently he is in a huge display tank and is the star attraction! Maybe it's because he comes in contact with so many humans.

Chopperdoc,
Now that's a tank! Bet your lil buddy is tame too :D

they get enormouse like so many fish seem to. makes me want a tank the size of a house.

i have saw a tiger shark at the back of my lfs, it's huge! and there were another shark in that tank too, i bet that tank is about 1000 gallons! :hyper:

Chopperdoc, I would luv to see a pic of your tank. Pleese post one, pleeeeeeze :D :D

kevin007 said:
i have saw a tiger shark at the back of my lfs, it's huge! and there were another shark in that tank too, i bet that tank is about 1000 gallons! :hyper:
What a actual marine tiger shark,the type that eat people?

Even 1000gallons wouldnt be big enough to hold one for long and youd need amoured gloves at feeding time.

i went to a place called Stapeley Gardens in the UK n dammmmmmmm was it good

they had a big tank with a side window and the pacu's in there were massive!!!!!!

im talkin HUGE.....ive got a 28 inch t.v. n they were about the same size if not bigger....they were in a tank with a bridge over it n massive catfish......but they werent tame hahahahahaha

if any1 ever gets the chance to go then do.....theres a marine tank with little sharks in it......canal fish like carp and stuff in another....piranha's n eel's and 1 tank with a catfish that must have weighed at least 100 pounds

Tek :fish:

cat fish crazy said:
kevin007 said:
What a actual marine tiger shark,the type that eat people?

Even 1000gallons wouldnt be big enough to hold one for long and youd need amoured gloves at feeding time.
yep a acual marine shark the tiger shark that eats people! it's not for sale tho.... i think it's more like 2000gallon beause there were 2 sharks in there and a snowflake eel, it was humongus!!!!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Kevin :hyper:

at my lfs they have as 5000 gallon tank with two sharks (i think lemon) asnd as grouper

Big Als in my town keep 2 Blue Tipped (i think) sharks now, but they did have Tigers until they outgrew the show tank and were donated to the Vancouver Aquarium.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back