We Just Bought A 1125 Liter (Almost 300 Gallon) Fish Tank!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Ah, I understand the hosepipe ban in the UK, then. Finland has almost 200 000 lakes, so water is not a problem in here, and the houses are build to stand for extreme wintery weathers, so the houses are really, really strong comparing to many UK houses I've been to. The weight goes evenly on three square meters, and each square meter carries over 1000 kilos easily, so floors are not a problem in here. :) But we are placing the tank next to a carrying wall just in case.

The corridors in our apartment has those 90° turns, too, so that's why we have to get in in through a window! :shout: Luckily they are huge... Hopefully everything goes alright...

Can't wait to see what you do with this one Iiriva!

Sorry if you've already said, but what tanks are you going to keep in addition to this one?

We are selling the 612 as we need the space it takes for our bookshelves then, and we don't actually need it anymore as the bigger tank is much better place to stay for the fishes we keep in it already. :) We are keeping the 200 and 45 the way they are. We may get rid of the 45 a bit later only to get something prettier instead as it is quite ugly and we don't actually need a separate baby tank anymore. It may be a 100 liter one for something small and pretty, or just a nano for few shrimps and plants. We'll see. :) But the 200 is certain to stay!

We may get rid of the 45 a bit later only to get something prettier instead as it is quite ugly and we don't actually need a separate baby tank anymore.

Envious as I am of both of you getting this 1125 litre tank, would it not be preferable to keep the 45l tank for a quarantine/hospital tank?

David

The 45 is way too small for a hospital tank, as our smallest fishes in the tank-to-be are going to be the clown loaches with sizes from 10 to 25 cms... :unsure:

So it's a very high possibility we are getting a 100 liter tank. Though, I haven't had any sick fishes for years, and they are always quarantined in lfs due law before putting to sale. So, I'm not too sure if I actually need one. If there is an absolute need of hospital tank, we have an old 120-liter one in our basement, and we also have and extra external filter and heater + living bacteria ampulls and medication for almost every disease if there is an ergant need of anything. :huh:

Well you two are certainly ready for any eventuality :lol: :lol:

Your setups and backup systems appear to be second to none. Well done both of you.

David

Thank you very much, that's a very kind thing to say. ^^ My husband and I both have had aquariums since kids and are trying to give the best as we can for our lovely pets. :blush:

We both are way too excited, can't wait for the monday. :D I think it will be quite difficult for me to try to do my work at school on monday, because it should be at it's place when I get home.

There's a lot of stuff to be moved and carried around as we are putting it to a different wall than the 612, and we still have that tank anyway, so we are going to live in a livingroom full of stuff for a while... But it will be worth it! Tomorrow I'm having a bunch of fellow aquarists coming over as they are buying my siamese algae eaters, pakistani loaches and emerald cichlid.

Very excited by this project. I wouldn't know were to begin.
shout.gif

Hopefully loads of pics.

How you're going to get that inside I do now know. I wasn't home when my 420 litre got delivered, and my mum said it took 4 men to lift the tank in alone!

....and 420 litre is a goldfish bowl compared to what you're getting!! :lol: :crazy:

My husband does wrestling, so were are having 6 or 7 wrestlers to lift it through our livingroom window! :D One is also a police officer (to be a police in Finland you have to be very, very athletic, have a good eyesight etc. so it's very difficult to even get to the police school. I, for example, would never have a change as I am very skinny and wear glasses.) but also an aquarist who owns a tank similar to our size. I even know a man who has a 3000 liter plywood tank + same size paludarium above it... o_O

It won't be easy, but I'm glad I don't have to be part of moving the tank! :D But few weeks from here will be full of hard work as we have to take care of our fishes, get the new one started, move our fishes from the 612 litre one and get it sold and moved out the apartment. Phew! :blink:

We just cleared up the space for the tank, and it's going to need loads as it is 250 x 75 x 60 cms. :blink: Our livingroom is going to be a mess until we get have sold the 612 litre one so we can put our bookshelves on it's place. Now they are in the middle of the floor and we have loads of books and gasmasks (I collect them :hey: ) in our bedroom floor. :D

Tomorrow it happens! I'm so exited! :hyper:

NOW WE HAVE IT!!!

Huuuge external filters.

trollolol011.jpg

trollolol012.jpg

And here's the tank feat my hubby, filling in progress. :hyper:

Most reactions

Back