We Just Bought A 1125 Liter (Almost 300 Gallon) Fish Tank!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Iiriva

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Wooohooo! We just bought a new, bigger tank!

It's 250x75x60 cms, 1125 liters. I'm totally loving it!

We are getting it on monday, so I don't have any pictures of it yet, but I'll keep you updated. So, soon we are going to sell the 612 because a tank almost a double of it's size is on it's way!

I'm going to keep posting into this topic about how we are doing, with plenty of pictures of course. ;)

isotankki.jpg

That's the picture of the tank when on it's previous owner, so it's going to have a differend kind of fishes and plants in it. ^^

I'm too exited! :fun:

I am very jealous.. but at the same time, I do not envy you having to set that up and do water changes :lol:

very gd looking tank but in my opinion u shud keep the rainbows and plant it,
i hate it when i see a large tank ruined with cichlids in or marine fish but thats just my opinion :)

We already change 200 liters in out 612 weekly, + two other tanks, so it's no biggie! And we use a hose to do both taking water our and putting new in, so no buckets or hard labour needed. :hey:

i hate it when i see a large tank ruined with cichlids in or marine fish but thats just my opinion :)

Those are not our fishes, as I said, and we are not going to keep any cichlids as we don't like them, thank you very much. :D

We already change 200 liters in out 612 weekly, + two other tanks, so it's no biggie! And we use a hose to do both taking water our and putting new in, so no buckets or hard labour needed. :hey:

Those are not our fishes, as I said, and we are not going to keep any cichlids as we don't like them, thank you very much. :D

i seen u said there wud be different fish i just thought u ment u were selling them or givin them to ur lfs lol

if u dont mind me asking how much did it cost??

very jealous i have a 220 gal i thought that was big lol

We are only getting the clown loaches as we already have them in our 612, but that's it. The previous owner is going to keep the rest as he bough even bigger tank for himself... :lol:

We are going to move our plecos an loaches in it, but not sure yet what else we are going to get later on. :)

Edit: an oh, it was a bargain! We are getting the tank, cabinet, HID lights, two outer filters, one internal filter, sand, few big pieces of wood and 12 clown loaches for 1300€. (1672 US dollars, 1037 pounds.) :)

We are only getting the clown loaches as we already have them in our 612, but that's it. The previous owner is going to keep the rest as he bough even bigger tank for himself... :lol:

We are going to move our plecos an loaches in it, but not sure yet what else we are going to get later on. :)

well its not like u have not got the space to choose from lol

wow what size tank did he get ??

Just 30 cms (one foot) longer, 1260 liters. :D But it's good for us as we have been looking for a tank about this size for a while... We were also looking at specific 1580 liter one, but couldn't get it...

OMG !!! jealous !!!

fantastic tank - I can only dream of something like that i wish i could spend £1000 on a tank I really do but I think id be getting divorced if I did lol, im trying to get a 5ft tank and stand for about £100 at the minute and not having much luck lol

Next monday we'll be having a lot of work getting it in! :D We live in an apartment house, but luckily our apartment is in ground floor, but as the tank is too big to turn around in our hallway, it's going to come in through our living room window. :D The neighbours are going to give us funny looks, I'm sure...

168 litres just for a 15% waterchange haha

No hosepipe ban in Finland then :wub: i'd love to work on something that size.
I'd just like to point out that you can still use a hose, if it's for the welfare of livestock.

Iiriva; some parts of the UK get banned from using hosepipes for things like washing cars, watering gardens and filling swimming pools to save water, if there hasn't been enough rain and the level in the reservoirs is low.

You can use buckets/watering cans etc, and, as I said, if it's for animals, so you can still use hosepipes for ponds, filling water troughs and things like that.

Your new tanks is gorgeous, I'm jealous too, but I don't think my floors would support a tank that size; plus I have stupid, steep steps with two 90° turns in them coming down to my front door; I'd have to have it built in situ!

Most reactions

trending

Back