We Just Bought A 1125 Liter (Almost 300 Gallon) Fish Tank!

Awww shame I was going to say a heard of Geophagus and/or Satanoperca with a few Severums in there would look most excellent! Red Head Tapajo Geos and Red Neck Severums always look nice.

Wills

We were going to have some type of Geos, I think, but they died on the way due lack of oxygen, and I'm still angry about it as it was the previous owner's fault. :angry:

I'd like to have some big, nice cichlids because of looks, but we'we only had sajica cichlids and an emerald cichlid in our 612 before and they all attacted our plecos, so that's the reason we are not sure if we want to get any. They should be something peacefull. Plecos will always go before cichlids in our tanks, so if cichlids aren't doing fine with plecos, they are moving out. :p

ideaparkjuu025.jpg

Ah right :( real shame about those geos :( poor things. I think a group of them would be nice :) When you say Emerald Cichlid, do you mean Chocolate Cichlid or Flyer Cichlid both get that other name used? If it was a Choc I would be surprised really as they are usually only defensive and more docile to other fish.

Looks good with both lights up :)

Wills

I think it's Chocolata cichlid in english... It was huge, about a feet tall and it really was aggressive! My L001's couldn't be in peace if not hiding somewhere, because the cichlid attacted it and bit the plecos tail, and did it every time in sight. The pleco was afraid of it, and we have no idea why the cichlid started to do that. :/

396933_10150487360184069_230330056_n.jpg

That's a bad picture, but that's her. I had to buy a 30 liter bucket so she could move to another person's tank because everytthing else was too small. :p

I think that she is a he judging by the big head :)

But yes that is a Choc... they are usually pretty docile shame they started acting up :( I have a Chocolate at the moment who fights with my Severum but its the Sevs fault...

Yeah, but the choc got a really good home with a friend of mine, and it also seems like a lot happier fish in it's new home! And so do my plecos. :D

IMG_2836.jpg

We've added few plants, but that's pretty much it. My visiting, sneeky little sister took a picture of me when feeding the fishes, but this shows the tank's actual size... :D

akvuas+020.JPG

Isn't looking too good. The way is upwards though, as we a buying a whole automatic Co2 system on monday. Also started to fertilize the plants way better. I hope the tank starts to look better soon.

It looks lovely though. Are the plants having issues? You cant tell from the image.

Yes they are, there is plenty of light but there isn't enough CO2 (it's a common problem in big tanks) so we need to fix it. Swordplants need loads of Co2. And extra iron. We need to get used to fertilizing the tank far more often than the smaller one, and add liquid iron, too (Easy-life ferro), + the Co2 system is going to cost about 400€... But that's what we need to do. :unsure:

Yes they are, there is plenty of light but there isn't enough CO2 (it's a common problem in big tanks) so we need to fix it. Swordplants need loads of Co2. And extra iron. We need to get used to fertilizing the tank far more often than the smaller one, and add liquid iron, too (Easy-life ferro), + the Co2 system is going to cost about 400€... But that's what we need to do. :unsure:

You could set up pressurized co2 a little cheaper I would think. My whole system was about $150. I know of people who have set up theirs for right under $100, but i didn't want a fire extinguisher, I bought an actual co2 canister.

I LOVE the huge sword you have towards the center. :drool:

Most reactions

Back