Water Testing

Lets get right down to the real story. The API kit normal range for freshwater only reads from 6.0 to 7.6. The high range reads from 7.4 to 8.8. If you are reading a 7.8 on the normal range, you are just guessing how far above the top of the scale the value is. If you are using the high range, you are able to compare the number to the printed card in front of you. I don't know what kit Ian is using, but it is not the API freshwater master kit.
 
I used the normal range test first and got the top reading of 7.6 and then retested with the high range one, which starts at 7.4 and the colour matched with the second one down, 7.8. So, do I assume the normal range test just 'maxed out' at 7.6 and that 7.8 is my true reading?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top