Wanting to start a small saltwater tank...

Aj86

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Im very very new to saltwater ive never triend it and im wanting to start a tank... I have a 17g tank ready to be turned... What fish could i have in it and what would i have to do?

Sorru ive put this in wrong forum could someone move it for me please?

most people say dont start with nano... but you could have a clownfish or too... also is it like a nano cube, but is bigger with a bow front?

Max said:
most people say dont start with nano... but you could have a clownfish or too... also is it like a nano cube, but is bigger with a bow front?
Thats what i want to have in there maybe like 2 clown fish... It doesnt bow at the front its jus a normal rectangular 17g...

Nanos arenot for b eginners but if this is the best you can get and you still want to try marines then 17 gallon will certainly be a major challenge. Watch the water balance and temperature for fluctuations.

A tiank that is so small will suffer from extremly fast changes in water peramters. Marine fish just arent deisgned for this im afraid. :/

I have said this before, and I am sure all experienced reefers would agree.

If you want to start a small marine tank because you just no how have the room for anything bigger, I understand.

But to start a marine tank because you have a 15gal, "laying around" is a bad approach. It will save you no money in the long run due to the price of all the other support equipment you will need. You will be farther ahead to just pitch the small tank and go with at least 30 - 50 gallons.

GL

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back