walmart returning dead fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

if you get a stupid person they will.

I called them and asked them w/out a reciept you can exchange it, but you have to pay service tax, or sales tax, couldnt understand what the women said, all I know is that it was s.... tax. you dont even have to get the fish there. Thats great..

those are some long return policies. in my lfs, it's only 24 hours, which is pretty ridiculous and the other one, it's 48 hours

Some of the LFS around here have no return policy at all. Saltwater it's pretty much unanimous no return but I'm not surprised by that.

i think for SW there should be, those fish are so expensive!

And delicate which is exactly why they don't do refunds or exchanges on them. They're too costly to keep replacing if they die on the owner. Many expensive or rare freshwater are equally no-refund for that same reason.

what kind of lfs do you go to? my lfs has 21 days on ALL fish in its store, SW or rare, or whatever, even the feeder (some poorer people keep those as pets i guess.) i think thats why they sell danios $.59., because its in a really poor section of its city.

There are about 9 in the area if you count the two Wal-Marts and PetCo. though Wal-Mart does not carry Saltwater so that's down to 7 and three of the other local stores is freshwater too only so that's 4 that carry Saltwater. That leaves 3 LFS that do and PetCo and none of them guarantee Saltwater. PetCo might for 24 hours but I'm pretty iffy on that.

thats sad, it would discurage me to buy the fish. I'm glad were my SW fish provider is. They have no choice to exchange them or the minght be attacked by the people there. So thats y i minght start a SW nano tank.

I don't find it sad at all. I think it shows they're practical fish keepers who won't pass on their losses to the customers via higher prices on their fish and supplies. The only way I see around it is if they are selling the fish to knowledgable and experienced saltwater keepers and even then there's no assurance the fish will not die.

Teelie said:
I don't find it sad at all. I think it shows they're practical fish keepers who won't pass on their losses to the customers via higher prices on their fish and supplies. The only way I see around it is if they are selling the fish to knowledgable and experienced saltwater keepers and even then there's no assurance the fish will not die.
I agree. :nod:

Teelie said:
I actually got a bit out of my way to a smaller LFS that has a bit higher prices simply because the staff there is knowledgable, their fish look healthy and happy, their tanks are always impeccable. And no, they don't have a return policy. :( But, I keep my water pretty stable and I've yet to lose a single fish from their store (knock on wood...)

does walmart have a return policy for fish returns? Ive have a fish that died from like 1 month ago, and they never said anything about a return policy. I know I did return one from like 3weeks, but I'm not sure. Did you also know that they dont check what fish is dead? You could by a really expensive fish, have a dead one at home, and go back the next day and say, it died, and theyd give you your money back I bet. Isnt that kinda odd? would any of you do that? Personaly I think thats wrong, but because theyre so stupid to not check would you say its there fault and oh well, just do it anyways?

First of sorry to reply this old thread. I should not reply to this thread but I feel it should be active again as it has lots of information. For me, the general Walmart Store Policy for the product is 90 days and Walmart is famous for its electronic item and Walmart Electronics Return Policy for electronic products. It seems like you might have a fish from Pestmart and trying to return to Walmart Store but that's next to impossible. Opps they might not be accepting fish and they might not also be having them at their departmental store.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back