walmart returning dead fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

This post is 15 years old. Walmart no longer carries fish.

Good thing Walmart no longer carries fish. They didn't seem to take very good care of them. I always saw several dead fish floating and the tanks were dirty.

Good thing Walmart no longer carries fish. They didn't seem to take very good care of them. I always saw several dead fish floating and the tanks were dirty.
Yes, I 'm with you Walmart is famous for its Walmart Electronics Return Policy as many of people including me would like to prefer to buy an electronic item. I really know when I was not used to be at Walmart many of the customers at Walmart used to scream loudly and said buy an electronic items from Walmart.

So many of you think it's ok to lie and rip-off Walmart because it's so easy to get away with? That type of attitude troubles me a lot. It's just wrong and it's not funny just because you can get away with it.

And if you feel the quality of fish at Walmart is so bad then why are you shopping there and putting your entire tank of other fish at risk of picking up a disease? That's a pretty risky thing to do to your other fish.

As far as the person keeping a Betta in a glass bowl

"so ill that money will beable to buy another betta and a bowl for it, a big bowl though, not a small 1. "

Betta's belong in FISH TANKS that are at least 5 gallons, with a heater and filter. They do not like a lot of water movement so don't purchase too big of a filter. Some enjoy an air stone to play in or one of those green algae balls to push around They DO NOT belong in a fish bowl so you and your brother need to save up a lot more than $6 to house your Betta fish or you will just be dooming him to an early death.

As far as this comment: "i think the people at my walmart are to stupid to know what a scam is, some of them cant even speak english." I'm not sure I know what to say. Just because not all workers speak perfect English does NOT make them stupid - what a racist thing to say. Walmart hires some people that are unable to get a job elsewhere - they are overworked and underpaid, but at least they are getting some experience as well as improving their English so hopefully they can get a better job in the future.

Walmart has always had a very liberal return policy - they even take things back from other stores if it's something they carry. They don't ask questions, they just give you a refund or exchange. They must have enough profit that they can afford to do this, plus it makes them very popular with people that need to return something and have lost their receipts. I'm not a huge Walmart fan but that doesn't mean I have the right to rip them off.

So many of you think it's ok to lie and rip-off Walmart because it's so easy to get away with? That type of attitude troubles me a lot. It's just wrong and it's not funny just because you can get away with it.

And if you feel the quality of fish at Walmart is so bad then why are you shopping there and putting your entire tank of other fish at risk of picking up a disease? That's a pretty risky thing to do to your other fish.

As far as the person keeping a Betta in a glass bowl

"so ill that money will beable to buy another betta and a bowl for it, a big bowl though, not a small 1. "

Betta's belong in FISH TANKS that are at least 5 gallons, with a heater and filter. They do not like a lot of water movement so don't purchase too big of a filter. Some enjoy an air stone to play in or one of those green algae balls to push around They DO NOT belong in a fish bowl so you and your brother need to save up a lot more than $6 to house your Betta fish or you will just be dooming him to an early death.

As far as this comment: "i think the people at my walmart are to stupid to know what a scam is, some of them cant even speak english." I'm not sure I know what to say. Just because not all workers speak perfect English does NOT make them stupid - what a racist thing to say. Walmart hires some people that are unable to get a job elsewhere - they are overworked and underpaid, but at least they are getting some experience as well as improving their English so hopefully they can get a better job in the future.

Walmart has always had a very liberal return policy - they even take things back from other stores if it's something they carry. They don't ask questions, they just give you a refund or exchange. They must have enough profit that they can afford to do this, plus it makes them very popular with people that need to return something and have lost their receipts. I'm not a huge Walmart fan but that doesn't mean I have the right to rip them off.
As I have already pointed out, the original post is 15 years old! None of the members on the forum now said any of this.

I went to get a pleco from walmart, I got it in the bag and was heading to the checkout when I noticed that it had a growth on its side. I took it back to the pet area and asked for a new one and they asked me if I had already paid for it, they told me that once a fish is paid for it can't be returned, even if you're still in the store...

I went to get a pleco from walmart, I got it in the bag and was heading to the checkout when I noticed that it had a growth on its side. I took it back to the pet area and asked for a new one and they asked me if I had already paid for it, they told me that once a fish is paid for it can't be returned, even if you're still in the store...
I thought Walmart stopped selling fish?

I hadn't realized it was such and old post my walmart sold fish up until a few weeks ago

our Walmart still sells fish. If it's so old how did it get in to the "Active topics" group

Well those people that stole from Walmart are probably collecting Social Security by now, so I guess I should stop giving them any trouble!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back