Vietnam War Painting...

big mick

Fish Addict
Joined
Mar 29, 2005
Messages
835
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Irvine, Scotland
Im planning a series of paintings on the war in Vietnam. I finished the first one yesterday.

Vietnampainting2007.jpg
 
thats sounds like a good project...military paintings,love the idea of dday...spoke not only the other day with an older man,whos boat was blown up in dday<near to france><didnt get the ships name>and how he somehow swam swam swam and ended up on the beaches round by studland :crazy:
 
Looking very good Mick.. My Grampa would love a painting like this as he was in the 2nd world war and talks about it non-stop.. :lol:
 
I love hearing war stories and have no end of respect and admiration for people who fought in the world wars, not like todays youth who couldnt even SPELL 'war' let alone have the balls to fight in one.

I collect war memorabilia but its all in the loft now as the spare room that housed my colection of retro games consoles and war stuff is nmow my daughters bedroom.
 
I love hearing war stories and have no end of respect and admiration for people who faught in the world wars, not like todays youth who couldnt even SPELL 'war' let alone have the balls to fight in one.

I collect war memorabilia but its all in the loft now as the spare room that housed my colection of retro games consoles and war stuff is nmow my daughters bedroom.
i totally agree with you mate :good: if i see kids harrasing older people i interviene every time...its my pet hate disrespectfull children,,,
 
Dont get me wrong, old people can be frustrating when you're stood behind them in the que at a cash machine while they try to stuff their bolckbuster video card in the slot but if I been through what thoes fella's had, seen and done the things they had then Id do things like that aswell, just out of badness.

Mon the veterans!

I wonder if we have any veterans on the forum....that would be cool!
 
I love hearing war stories and have no end of respect and admiration for people who fought in the world wars, not like todays youth who couldnt even SPELL 'war' let alone have the balls to fight in one.

I collect war memorabilia but its all in the loft now as the spare room that housed my colection of retro games consoles and war stuff is nmow my daughters bedroom.

You would be my Grampas best friend then Mick, he loves telling his storys :D .. I hear a diff 1 every time I go and see him.. They are very interesting.. He tells me about the nightmares he has, sometimes he dreams that he is back in the war and can hear the bombs/missiles going off..He is a tough auld cookie.. and he would love your paintings..x
 
Just realised you're not far from me, Im in Irvine...maybe I''ll go up, take a half bottle and hear his stories heh heh heh.
 
Yeah your not that far away.. :beer: A half bottle he would love you even more.. He loves whiskey.. He used to go the pub/bookies every day :drink: .. Hes not so able now though.. x
 
I love hearing war stories and have no end of respect and admiration for people who fought in the world wars, not like todays youth who couldnt even SPELL 'war' let alone have the balls to fight in one.

Be fair. A lot of our youth are currently fighting and dying in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I used to live opposite an old boy who flew Blenheims over Burma who had some fantastic stories to tell. When he died, a load of old boys from the Star of Burma attended his funeral, which really made it poignant. The saddest thing was that I could imagine that less and less of them attended each funeral. Soon, there will be no one left to carry the flag.

Back on track, how about an "over the top" painting from the Great War.

Dave.
 
Great picture you have done there :good: .

I have mixed feelings about the war in vietnam, however i love the painting you have done, i think you captured the atmosphere in the scene really well, love how it is painted like a black and white photo too :good: .
 
I love hearing war stories and have no end of respect and admiration for people who fought in the world wars, not like todays youth who couldnt even SPELL 'war' let alone have the balls to fight in one.

Be fair. A lot of our youth are currently fighting and dying in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I used to live opposite an old boy who flew Blenheims over Burma who had some fantastic stories to tell. When he died, a load of old boys from the Star of Burma attended his funeral, which really made it poignant. The saddest thing was that I could imagine that less and less of them attended each funeral. Soon, there will be no one left to carry the flag.

Back on track, how about an "over the top" painting from the Great War.

Dave.

i meant the youth that hang about outside the shops shouting and smashing bottles...get thoes wee wasters away for national service.

An over the top painting would be really good, Im almost finished another Nam painting but I might do a D-Day one next...maybe I should ease off on the History channel for a while!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top