vacation

asparagus

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok, here's another thought (im just full of them this week! grin). I have a 29 gallon starter tank thats currently cycling. IM thinking it might be ready for inhabitants in a few more days. Im going on vacation shortly thereafter (say 3 days after its ready for fish). Can I get 3 platys (my planned starter fish) and add them to the tank then get a week-long feeder tablet and stick it in? I have the light on a timer already. Will they survive? What if one of them dies? Will it pollute the tank really bad for the week if there's a fish carcass in there lying about? My reasoning behind this is that I dont want the tank to uncycle while Im gone!
Thoughts?
Thanks!
asparagus

Add the fish when you get home. Then you show patience :D and can see how the new fish adapt which is part of the fun.

Jon

To keep the tank from 'un-cycling' add a prawn or fish food. (Like mentioned in your other post ).

I would not get new fish then go away for a week. Established fish would not suffer from a week with no food, you may get back and find a cleaner tank than you left. Prawn is not a good thing to leave in the tank for a long time, it gets rotten quick. IMO wait till you get back.

To keep the tank cycling as Sylvia said add some food or get someone to come over each day and add amonia drops.

Jon

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back