Uuugggghhhh Dum People

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Noahs ark6

Fish Herder
Reaction score
:angry:

Well. I wanted to know if, i'll call it "Daves salt" contained elevated levels of calcium and magnesium to support a reef tank. SO i sent "Daves salt" an email, saying "Hello.

Does the Daves salt (original one) still have enough trace elements such as calcium to sustain a reef aquarium, as i have a limited budget and don't really want to buy Dave reef crystals as they're more expensive.

Thankyou.

However, i got an email back with the words "look at this" with a powerpoint attatched that contained 40 odd slides about absolute rubbish that didn't answer my question at all.
And so, i sent them another email saying "Thankyou for that, however, it hasn't answered my question. The Daves salt says it contains every trace element, well does this include clacium and magnesium for example, in large enough quantaties to support a reef aquarium."
And got this back"Of course. It is the number one salt in the world, original synthetic sea salt, and closest (independent lab testing as proof) to natural seawater. It supports the whale sharks in the Georgia Aquarium, along with a myriad of other animals throughout the entire Georgia Aquarium."
The people at Daves salt are obviously too dumb to recognise i'm talking about coral, not fish. This has really got me annoyed, especially the "of course". OOHHH, i cringed when i read that":angry:

Could be worse.They could have posted the same topic twice
wink.gif

Or you could have spelled 'dumb' wrong...

:shifty:

I know the feeling. I ordered a pair of boots on eBay last night. I need them for an event I'm going to in two weeks time. The seller is away til next week, and they post second class so I'm concerned about getting them in time (as I need to modify them too before I go). I sent the seller a polite message asking if it was possible to send them first class. They just said they're away til next week and won't be able to post anything. Well yeah, I did read your eBay listing, I didn't just buy willy nilly.

Well... bit of a 'dum' question really ;)

They can't tell *you* what levels of calcium are just right for your tank... its going to vary a lot from tank to tank. For example... tanks with a lot of 'hard' corals will need much higher/use a lot more calcium than a tank not containing said hard corals...

Types of coral, numbers of corals, size of tank, amount of liverock, type of liverock, substrate, other supplements....

The list of variables is endless... so if you ask them such a vague question, they are going to give you a really vague answer! :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back