Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Urgent! Is this a Thicklip or a Honey Gourami?

Discussion in 'New to the Hobby Questions and Answers' started by Aditya Sharma, Aug 2, 2019.

?

Honey or Thicklip?

1. Honey

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Thicklip

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Aditya Sharma

Aditya Sharma New Member

I have 4 gouramis that I ordered from Live Aquaria. They were listed as Honey Gourami (Colisa chuna). Did i get Thicklip Gouramis shipped to me instead? This one pictured is about 1.5 inches in length. I have an Aquamaxx 22 long (36in*12in*12in) and it will not be enough for thicklips I think. I wanted to get more input from the experienced members before I contact Liveaquaria.

2. Aditya Sharma

Aditya Sharma New Member

Sorry. Forgot to attach the photo

Attached Files:

3. essjay

essjay Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Global Moderator

It looks very similar to the yellow colour variant of honey gouramis I've had in the past, though they are usually sold smaller than 1.5 inches. However it could still be a thick lipped gourami as I can't see the mouth clearly in the photo. But if it is a thick lipped, your tank is fine because the minimum tank size is 30 x 12 x 12 inches. http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/trichogaster-labiosa/

4. Aditya Sharma

Aditya Sharma New Member

@essjay these are two more images I was able to take. Not sure if they are helpful. I received various sizes for some reason. One is almost 1.5 inches and the rest are smaller than an inch.

Attached Files: