Is this a honey gourami?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nabaliss

Reaction score
Hi, does this look like a honey gourami Trichogaster chuna?

I ordered 4 of these fish, the photo is from the listing & they're labeled as "Honey Sunset Gourami".

I know they get confused with Thick Lipped Gourami Trichogaster labiosa. Hoping that's not the case here because I already have 1 honey that I wanted to get companions for.

Thank you!

Screenshot_20220126-040216_eBay.jpg

Thank you both. I guess I'll see when they get here! Supposed to arrive Thursday or Friday, I'll post a picture of them then. Will have to do some rearranging if they end up not being T chuna honeys.

There are very few chuna available where I am. It's become a rare fish. The fish sold as honey gouramis in local stores are all hybrids, usually larger and not nearly as nice.
It isn't a fish I would order online unless I knew the seller well, as what you don't see is what you get.

Just got the gouramis. 3 of 4 made it. They don't look like my honey, or like the seller's photo. Acclimating them right now.
20220128_162352.jpg20220128_162233.jpg20220128_162352.jpg20220128_162231.jpg20220128_162233.jpg

The first picture with 2 fish, do not look like honey gouramis.

The second picture with 1 fish, the fish does have a honey gourami body shape.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're not honeys. This is my honey from Aquarium Co-op, looks nothing like these 3.
20220128_170847.jpg

I wrote to the seller, they just responded with "they are not Labiosa".

Very cute & friendly fish, just not what I wanted. I set up a tank for them last night, it's only a 10g (they were supposed to go in one of my 40g breeders), but they're really young & small so they'll be fine until I decide what to do.

Very cute & friendly fish, just not what I wanted. I set up a tank for them last night, it's only a 10g (they were supposed to go in one of my 40g breeders), but they're really young & small so they'll be fine until I decide what to do.
Didn't expect a different answer.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back