Urgent! Is this a Thicklip or a Honey Gourami?

Honey or Thicklip?

  • Honey

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Thicklip

    Votes: 1 50.0%

  • Total voters
    2

Aditya Sharma

New Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2019
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Points
1
I have 4 gouramis that I ordered from Live Aquaria. They were listed as Honey Gourami (Colisa chuna). Did i get Thicklip Gouramis shipped to me instead? This one pictured is about 1.5 inches in length. I have an Aquamaxx 22 long (36in*12in*12in) and it will not be enough for thicklips I think. I wanted to get more input from the experienced members before I contact Liveaquaria.
 
Sorry. Forgot to attach the photo
 

Attachments

  • MVIMG_20190801_211403.webp
    MVIMG_20190801_211403.webp
    302 KB · Views: 242
It looks very similar to the yellow colour variant of honey gouramis I've had in the past, though they are usually sold smaller than 1.5 inches. However it could still be a thick lipped gourami as I can't see the mouth clearly in the photo. But if it is a thick lipped, your tank is fine because the minimum tank size is 30 x 12 x 12 inches. http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/trichogaster-labiosa/
 
@essjay these are two more images I was able to take. Not sure if they are helpful. I received various sizes for some reason. One is almost 1.5 inches and the rest are smaller than an inch.
 

Attachments

  • MVIMG_20190803_093132.webp
    MVIMG_20190803_093132.webp
    108.9 KB · Views: 199
  • MVIMG_20190803_092941.webp
    MVIMG_20190803_092941.webp
    183.3 KB · Views: 186

Most reactions

Back
Top