URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!!!

Carolinesugar

Fishaholic
Reaction score
no: URGENT HELP NEEDED !!!!!!!! :no:

I have tested the water, and the results of the tests are :

Nitrate (NO3) = 100 mg/litre (or more, it looks more than shown on the tests scale)

Nitrite (N2) = 0.3 mg/litre

PH = 8.0

i usually do a water change of abt 10% every 10 days

i neva ova feed, as i have learnt with time. i am not going to feed them 2nite or 2mora, and am going to take the food block out.

i had been away 4 the weekend, but given the fish a food block. and had my parents keep an eye on the fish.

i get back,

* 1 of my new guppys is dead, (body missing things such as eyes, and tail, and showing signs of dropsy - all fins stuck out on end)

* my blue female betta has the unhappy tell tell horizantol lines and a very fat tummy

* my red female betta has the same tell tell lines, no fat tummy, but has wot looks like either mouth rot, or mouth flakes (think thats how u spell it) and very sulky, hiding behind the filter

* my kissing gourami is showing signs of a swimbladder problem, and a few spekles of white on his tail and lower body

* my paradise male is showing similar "spots/spekles" on his tail

i have another of the new female guppys who looks half dead, floating almost at the top of the tank, cnt be sure, but looks like dropsy in that her fins are all on end, but no fat tummy.

i also am sh*tting bricks at the fact that i now have the gouramis and the paradise gourami/fish in the small hospital tank and 2 pregnant guppy girls (my orginals) due to drop ne day now in the main tank. i have breeding nets, but i wud prefer not to stress them out, and even if i put them in the nets, if there is sumthing in the water, they will prob get it soon, and the babies wont stand a chance.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

I HAVE NEVA HAD THIS MANY PROBLEMS IN ONE GO!!!

i am planning to do a 20% water change first thing in the morning, then add melafix and mayb sum anti internal bacteria. this will prob only be in the main tank, and mayb melafix and a swim bladder treatment to the hospital tank.

i am lucky in a way i guess that i now keep a box of meds 4 the fish.

in the box i have, melafix, anti internal bacteria, Myxazin, and eSHa 2000 - fungus, finrot and bacteria treatment.

which is the best 4 the main tank ?

if nothin i already has is suitable, wot is ? i will go to any extreme to get these fish better!!!!

(this is posted under, emergencies, liverbearers and betta & gouramis to try and get a reply asap!)

jams.alaskan said:
Just a quick suggestion before the experts show up - do the 20 percent water change now... why wait?

ALASKA
hiya, well the guppy that i sed was floatin more or less, well now shes died! :rip:

i have also just discovered that i have fry!!! i have managed to get 2 of the 3 i saw in2 the breeding net, as at least in there i can keep an eye on them.

i cud do the water change now, but i was going to do the water change then add the med str8 after.

Oh, I feel for you - best of luck. I'm sure someone will have great advice but as we are all on such different time zones I'm not sure when that will bee. :byebye:

ALASKA

jams.alaskan said:
Oh, I feel for you - best of luck. I'm sure someone will have great advice but as we are all on such different time zones I'm not sure when that will bee. :byebye:

ALASKA
yeh, and dont i know it!! just feels like i am having the worse time eva!!!!

plus the fact that wen i think at how many ppl have replied (just u) and ive posted it under 3 areas, and had on average abt 30 ppl look, no1 but u has bothered 2 give advice, or sympathy!!!

i wish this wud all sort its self out by the morning, but i know it wont!

i am going to get an ammonia tester kit tomorrow, then i have ph, nitrite, nitrate, and ammounia.

i no that there is a chemist open til late in my area, shame that there isnt an aquatic chemist open this timea nite!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back