Type Of Gourami?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

polcat

Reaction score
I'm not sure what type of Gourami this is. Any help would be great. I got the tank from my brother-in-law, there is a Gourami(about 6 in), a severum(I think) who is about 6 in, a firemouth about 4 in, a spotted cat who is about 4 in. Plus, a Danio(there were 2 but one was eaten). I dont think these fish are supposed to be together, but except for a few scraps here and there seem to get along okay. pics are not that great sorry.
Actually, I can't get the pics on here at all. Any help with that would be appreciated. Gourami is all pink, with rounded fins all around.

Try making a photo bucket account at photobucket.com and it is easy to do and you can just put a direct link to the pic in the post. That is how I do it cause I couldn't figure out how to add pics eigther.

Thats a baby golden Osphronemus :blink:
These are not known as giant goramy without reason.

dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
o mannn!!!!!!!!!!
you have the same type of gourami i have and the same color
your the first person i have ever seen who has the same color
you have a very special gourami
would you be willing to sell your because i want another one? :hey: :hey: :hey:

Thats a baby golden Osphronemus :blink:
These are not known as giant goramy without reason.

well of course they are known as giant gourami, they get big

Well I hope you've got a big tank, giant gouramis get to around 16''.

The danio will probably be eaten or killed by the firemouth or severum.

What size tank do you have?

hahhaahahaha 16"??????????? :lol:
is that a joke?
no way dude
they can get to 30"
mine is about 9 to 10 months old now and it is already 13-14" including fins
i dont even stuff my fish with food either
i give it enough to be satisfied and it is still huge
you must have looked up the wrong giant gourami
this is a osphronemus dude no way it will be 16" although i wish it can stay that size so i wont need to get a new tank later on :lol: :lol: :lol:

30'' eh

Well theres one at a lfs that they've had for years and it's only about 16''.. maybe it was stunted.. or some other type of giant gourami? I'm not sure, my bad.

My tank is a 55. This fish is well over 3 years old, probably more like 5. He's 6 inches long.

are you kidding me dude?
your fish looks the same as mine when i got it and it was about the same size when i got it, maybe even a little bit smaller
its probably not a osphronemus then
you probably have one of those ummm supposely "giant" gourami :lol:
even though its small you still have an awesome fish
i wish mine could be around that size because its getting too big for my 130 gal

Yeah he's at least 5yrs old. My bro-in-law had him for 2, and I've had him for 3. How long of a life span on these guys?

Someone's been nipping at his fins, I think it may be the firemouth, the severum kind of stays to himself. The sev and the gourami are about the same size.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back