The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Circus

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
So, I am getting to the point of switching most of my tanks from smaller to larger set ups. This is mostly so I can move around my apartment and not have to squeeze between tanks.

I am loath to get rid of my double tank stands, but also do not want to keep up on maintenance on so many small tanks (which take much more careful watching than my big ones).

So can I use my spare 10 gallon tanks and turn them into a sump? Put in some dividers add pump and media and pop a curtain on the stand?

So can I use my spare 10 gallon tanks and turn them into a sump? Put in some dividers add pump and media and pop a curtain on the stand?
yep and you don't even need partitions or a curtain.

just get a prefilter surface skimmer with auto syphon (yes it's a mouthful). They hang over the top of the tank like a HOB filter. You run some hose from them to the sump. have a water pump in the sump and pump water back up to the tank.

put some sponges or whatever you like in the sump for filtration and away you go.

you can fill the sump with plants and have a light over it if you like. some people put shrimp and baby fish in the sump.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back