Troublesome Tetra!

Don't know about some of that... Not sure on the fry rearing but more than likely they'll be eaten as eggs as tetras are scatterers, if not they will probably be eaten as fry.

Interesting story about their behavior... I might have to look into them myself! I love a tight shoaling active group of fish.

the color will probably improve as they settle in to their new home... Give it some time.

Quick update, I'm turning on the tank light.
In 3.
Now. Let's see.

Neons are scattered and colorless like normal. Flames are in a loose school as they sleep. I'll post again when they wake up and I feed them. :) still white but one of them has a small tinge of red. :D

Feeding is a success! The flames and neons are eating well! They're still having jabs at the algae wafer I gave to spike :S . Im getting some pics now!

Pics of my tetras = impossible, all were too blurry
video of my tetras = excellent :D

Video uploading to p-bucket as I type. ;)

Forgoto to mention roll all reveals that all tetras are accounted for. :yahoo:

Your camera work needs a bit more work... :p  But, the fish look active and "happy".

eaglesaquarium said:
Your camera work needs a bit more work... :p  But, the fish look active and "happy".
+ 1.
I'm terrible with a camera. A look at my photobucket account will confirm this. :p
Flames have now tired of lapping.
Neons are glad they no longer have a head ache ;) .
All are clustered at the front of the tank dancing. :kana:
All are clustered at the front of the tank dancing. :kana:

They aren't schooling as tightly as before which I believe is a good sign they are relaxed. 3-5 are still doing laps. :)
There are definitely some redder ones now than at purchase.

They're very cool!
I see what you mean about the colour, be interesting how much more colourful they get.

It sure will be Blondie!

I just saw something I never thought I would:
Biggest neon and biggest flame were locking jaws twirling around the tank. Quite a show it only lasted about 10 seconds before the flame realized he was twice the size of the neon and ended the battle. I think they'll be okay now and it was just a dominance settling in thing. :S

HD vid of my tetras feeding. Taken this morning. Uploaded just then.

Producer: TallTree01
Cameraman: TallTree01
Stars: flame tetras, neon tetras, tank, various plants and rocks, fish food
Stunts: TallTree01

( no animals were harmed in the making of this film )

TallTree01 said:
( no animals were harmed in the making of this film )

Hahahahaha nice one

Have you noticed much colouring up of the flames? I can see a little bit though it may just be the lighting.
I you've scaped you tank nicely, and I'm sure the fish love it. I would be interested to see how you would scape a rectangular type tank.

The colors don't show much in the vid. :(
I'll be entering fotm hopefully and will try to make their colors obvious. :)

You can tell from the video, in my opinion, that the neons have been alone for a while.  My neons rarely go to the top for food, they usually wait around mid-water in my tank.  My mean harlequin rasboras are the ones that shoot to the top.  I guess my neons (which were added later) just prefer to stay out of that fray.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back