Troublesome Tetra!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TallTree01

Coo, Man
Reaction score
Some background- tank is a fully cycled and heated biorb 105. Stocking is a bristlenose Pleco and 7 neon tetras. I had 9 neons but a couple died of unknown causes. I have since learned that neons have become weak due to breeding and have become interested in other tetras. So my questions:
1. Could I add another tetra school of 6-7 to my tank ( I might just get more neons ;) )
2. Are there any you would reccomend ( must be colorful, interesting and hardy )?
3. Thanks! :thanks:

If you like the neons then you could get some cardinals.
With any luck they might even school together. :)

go with cardinals tbh, they are much more hardy than the neons
if you find an LFS talk to them ask if they are wild caught or home bred.
I tend to buy wild caught tetra

Thanks guys, I'll definitely look into cardinals. :thanks:
As always further input is appreciated! :D

TallTree01 said:
Bump.
So 6-7 cardinals will be okay?
They will be OK. Another tetra that you can have that schools is the rummy nose! They sometimes school instead of loosely shoaling.

Thanks! I'll have a look in the LFS for cardinals/ other interesting tetras! :D

What is the tightest schooling fish you've ever kept?

My copper harlequin rasbora are my tightest shoalers :)

Don't know much about biorbs :p is it 105 litres?

Love the profile pic btw :D

Shelster said:
My copper harlequin rasbora are my tightest shoalers :)Don't know much about biorbs :p is it 105 litres?
Love the profile pic btw :D
Harlequins sound interesting.
Yup, what gave it away?
Thanks! :thanks:

Harlequins are great! Esp the espei/copper variants. Not a lot to choose from if you want schoolers

Ive got a group of ember tetras which are pretty cool, they tend to shoal together most of the time (theres one thats a bit of a loner, but he does join in with the others sometimes) :)

Thanks for the replies! :D
Should have some new tetras by the end of the week! ( my week ends on Sunday btw ;) )
:yahoo:

I'll need to go to all 5 shops to see which tetras are the healthiest first I think... ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back