Tropical FF Pet Peeves

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

its the thing that is on the left hand side of the screen. the more you post on the forum the quicker you get promoted from fry or whatever to fish finatic. I personally ignore that as its the answers in my mind that shows the true experience and knowledge. atleast i think thats what he means by point. :lol:

hello ijay, how do you know there doing it to get another point? oh great stuff, just got another point. LOL, really, dont think people are that sad, maybe they just enjoy the pleasure of comunication and maybe they do have a genuine question or answer!
it is sad but people do do it :unsure:

you think this forums bad.

i used to be a regular on the uk xbox forums and the amount of spam and bitching that goes on there is insane.

this place feels like a coffee shop in amsterdam in comparison lol.

I agree, i have been a part of many of these types of forums. they have categories designed for "spam"

you think this forums bad.

i used to be a regular on the uk xbox forums and the amount of spam and bitching that goes on there is insane.

I agree, i have been a part of many of these types of forums. they have categories designed for "spam"

and we've got mods with battle-axes :lol:

my biggest peeve? incomprehensible posts, especially the kind that use no standard of punctuation known to mankind.

i mean isnt it just as hard to understand someone that doesnt use any periods commas or punctuation whatsoever when they type their question why are my fish dying i dont know i changed the filter cleaned it with super clean water and everything.....as.......it is.... figuring out why.... other people really............ like ellipses!

the funniest thing i saw was a couple of months ago when someone was talking about "surupy" tetras. when bloo (who is a great authority and a long-standing respected member) asked "what do you mean 'surupy'?" the guy completely blew her off with a snide comment about Google. what made it hysterical is it turned out that the guy meant "serpay"... and the answer to his question was "keep more than one in a tank" :p man, i just love it when people hoist themselves on their own petard.

Must be the calming effect of the hobby!

Browsing the forums just now, another one comes to mind, people who bump their own posts more than once and within 20 mins of the first post.

*snort* Inappropriate joke ahead: What sorts of calming hobbies would a coffee shop in Amsterdam be conducive to?

I find it annoying when there is an interesting topic like 'pet peeves' and there is like 15 or more pages and it takes me half the day to read all the comments!

hello ijay, how do you know there doing it to get another point? oh great stuff, just got another point. LOL, really, dont think people are that sad, maybe they just enjoy the pleasure of comunication and maybe they do have a genuine question or answer!

they post a question that has been answered several times already??
:hey:

and reply to posts just to get a few points...again...
:hyper:

a point? what point?

this point.
;)

its the thing that is on the left hand side of the screen. the more you post on the forum the quicker you get promoted from fry or whatever to fish finatic. I personally ignore that as its the answers in my mind that shows the true experience and knowledge. atleast i think thats what he means by point. :lol:

as they say, quality and not quantity...
or another way, it does not matter how big your sword is, it's how you use it...
:hyper:

Pointless polls! or polls with c**p options

e.g: Which tetra species do you prefer

Neon
Cardinal

What about the rest?

Pointless polls! or polls with c**p options

e.g: Which tetra species do you prefer

Neon
Cardinal

What about the rest?

i prefer the neon ones....
why? i am not religious.
:rofl:

A few things...

Incomprehensible posts. Usually due to horrible grammar, absence of puntuation and spelling mistakes. (I'm an old fart so please give me a break on this one. :lol: )

HUGE signatures. Especially ones that have nothing to do with fish.

That silly "one inch per gallon" thing drives me crazy. :grr:

BUT, on balance, I love this forum. Warts and all. It's generally friendly and well behaved which is something one doesn't find often in a forum with such a large membership.

i hate it when lfs lie to u......

one of the staff said i could keep 20 fish in a 5 gallon (uk)!!! :crazy: :crazy:
i just went:

"yea hats good, i could have lots"
wen i was thinking wat a *******

i hate it when lfs lie to u......

one of the staff said i could keep 20 fish in a 5 gallon (uk)!!! :crazy: :crazy:
i just went:

"yea hats good, i could have lots"
wen i was thinking wat a *******

maybe they meant 20 dead fish!
:kana:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back