Treats for my puffer?

Phreaxer

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
This question is probaly going to be answered by Puffer... ;) but if anyone else has an idea, I would love to hear it too. I have a 2.5g tank at work with 2 dwarf puffers, there were 3, but one died..... :/

Anyways, I was wondering what I can give them, maybe living? that would be cool for them. I read somewhere about ghost shrimp, but I cant find any that arent at least as big if not bigger than the puffers... lol I doubt they would be eating it if it could beat them up... :rolleyes:

I feed them frozen brine shrimp now (on the suggestion of the lfs) and they seem to like it just fine... Any Ideas? Thanks

you could try live brine shrimp. have not had much luck hatching them on my own, but an lfs near here sells bags of them for a couple of bucks.

think playful allie cat also has puffers. do beleive she just got them.

semper fi

I Have 2 Puffers, and I feed them Blood Worm and they love it. I also give them a piece of prawn. Just use the small frozen ones. Defrost, and cut (They won't eat a full One). They go mad for it. Also Frozen mussles.

All are excellent suggestions :thumbs: ...a couple more treats you could try snails (of course), Mysis shrimp, small earthworms (or larger ones cut up), grubs, pretty much anything that will squirm in the water will get their attention. If you want to try seafood (clams/mussels/oysters etc. anything but fish) you could chop it up fine and feed a little when you put the shrimp in, otherwise they may not recognise it as food if it's not moving. :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back