To Upgrade Or Not To Upgrade?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

divegirl

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi, I really really want to get a 6 footer but am a little scared :blush: I am running 4 tanks right now and if I got the big one it would only mean breaking down one tank! The other three are species only [see sig].
If I were to go for the 6' it would be for my clowns and a couple of baby Oscars....in the hope that they would all grow out at the same time and the clowns would not get eaten.....or can any one suggest another big fish to keep.
So should I or shouldn't I? What are the good and bad points of a 6'?

Lisa x

Should add I am on the verge of starting another species tank for some Neolamprologus multifasciatus but it will be more work also and hard to source the fish....and tbh what I would pay for the fish and new tank would go a long way towards the 6'!!!!

With a 6 foot tank there are few limits. You could get a half dozen bala sharks. You could go for some rainbow sharks. You could get a nice shoal of silver dollar tetras.

Just a few quick thoughts.

I'm not to keen on sharks to be honest...I would prefer something with a little more personality.... I keep Puffers as a rule and like that 'puppy dog' thing at feeding time :wub:

Lisa x

I'm not to keen on sharks to be honest...I would prefer something with a little more personality.... I keep Puffers as a rule and like that 'puppy dog' thing at feeding time :wub:

Lisa x

even 6 footer would be a bit small for 6 balas.
if you are looking for "personality", cichlids, or some of them, have it in spades. cat fish, synos and humbug, probably others, all show distinct personality's i also find Dollars, though skittish, are full of it.

Go for it!! There is a massive MBU Puffer for sale at my LFS, he is amazing. I would love to buy him.

I am actually on the look out for a big tank at the moment, I want some Severums.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back