How many species are you shepherding at the moment

gwand32 149

Fish Aficionado
Fish of the Month 🌟
2x Tank of the Month!
Supporting Member ⭐
2x Pet of the Month!
Joined
Dec 31, 2022
Messages
3,087
Reaction score
6,150
Points
113
Location
Baltimore, MD
I currently care for 19 species scattered across 8 tanks. I have 4 South American tanks, two African tanks, one community tank with mostly livebearers and a quarantine tank. All of my fish are three inches or smaller in length.

Boraras brigittae
Gastrodermus pygmaeus

Trichogaster chuna
Xiphophorus helleri Swordtail
Poecilia velifera/latipinna
Dwarf Xiphophorus maculatus
Poecilia wingei

Julidochromis transcriptus
Synodontis petricola
Altolamprologus compressiceps
Neolamprologus multifasciatus

Alestopeterius caudalis
Anomalochromis thomasi

Nannostomus marginatus
Pelvicachromis taeniatus
L183 Ancistrus dolichopterus Starlight

Nannostomus marginatus
Hemigrammus erythrozonus.
L136 hypancistrus sp. Angelicus

Apistogramma cacatuoides
 
Last edited:
I have 46 different species currently. Granted some of these are down to their last couple individuals from aged out schools (I shall mark these with a * )
My current list of what I've got:

Pleco:
Chaetostoma formosae
Ancistrus cf cirrhosis
Ancistrus triradiatus
Ancistrus triradiatus x cf cirrhosis
Pterygoplichthys pardalis
Panaqolus sp L448

Banjo:
Bunocephalus minerim
Bunocephalus knerii

Hoplosternum:
Hoplosternum punctatum

Corydoras:
Osteogaster eques*
Osteogaster aenea
Hoplisoma loxozonum*
Gastrodermus pygmaeus*
Hoplisoma sterbai
Hoplisoma paleatum
Hoplisoma osteocarus
Brochis splendens


Pseudomugil and rainbows:
Pseudomugil gertrudae *

Rasboras:
Rasbora sarawakensis
Trigonostigma heteromorpha*
Trigonopoma pauciperforatum
Trigonopoma gracile

Barbs:
Puntius titteya*

Ceratogarra:
Ceratogarra cambodgiensis

Goldfish:
Carassius auratus

Tetra:
Aphyocharax rathbuni
Hyphessobrycon pulchiprinnis*
Hyphessobrycon amandae
Megalamphodus bentosi*
Hyphessobrycon elachys
Gymnocorymbus ternetzi
Nematobrycon palmeri*
Bario forestii*
Megalamphodus sweglesi
Hemigrammus erythrozonus

Livebearers:
Poecilia reticulata x wingei*

Loaches:
Pangio semicincta
Pangio oblonga
Pangio anguillaris
Pangio doriae
Pangio myersi
Pangio pan04

Cichlids:
Mikrogeophagus altispinosus*
Apistogramma borelli "opal"
Nannacara anomala

Microglanis Catfish:
Microglanis sp (undescribed from Columbia)
 
I loosely counted 45 currently counting snails, shrimp , and crays with all the various fish, though I’m not near organized enough to list them all, by name… that number is pretty fluid… I have 3 new ones coming next Tuesday
 
I’m at 20 species atm in 8 tanks.

Phenacogrammus interruptus, congo tetra
P. aurantiacus, gold blue eyed congo tetra
Hyphessobrycon species “muzel”, cherry red tetra
H. amandae, ember tetra **
H. roseus, yellow phantom tetra
Hemigrammus erythrozonus, glowlight tetra **
H. rodwayi, gold tetra **
Pristela maxillaris, x-ray tetra **
Makunaima pittieri, diamond tetra
Paracheirodon axelrodi, cardinal tetra
P. simulans, green neon tetra **
Aphyocharax rathbuni, green fire tetra
Boraras brigittae, chili rasbora **
Sundadanio axelrodi, blue neon rasbora **
Trigonostigma espei, lambchop rasbora **
Hoplisoma paleatus, peppered cory
Corydorus panda, panda cory
C. aeneus, bronze cory
Pterophyllum scalare, angelfish
Puntius aureus, golden dwarf barb **

And with a few of these listed, there are just few left from what were larger groups years ago. Many of the listed fish are currently in my community 55g nano fish tank marked with a **. There are corycats in all the tanks.
 
Thanks all for the above posts - it's going to take me all night to google all the fish I don't recognise as already having looked at, which is most of them that only have their (?Latin) names. But all a learning curve. 🙂
 

How many species are you shepherding at the moment​

If I have to answer this question right away... I just wouldn't know how many I've got... And I just ain't in the mood to count them, tbh...
Let's just say: There are many of them...!
 
I've been downsizing since last we played this game and currently have 20 species. Since last report I phased out 3 species of Nannostomus, 2 other characins, 2 species of barbs and a killie. I will phase out two 'cories'--H. similis and H. cw21 (the latter in their third decade!) but they haven't gotten the memo and refuse to die.

CHARACINS:
Nannostomus unifasciatus
N. eques
N. espei
N. marginatus
N. marilynae
N. anduzei
N. rubrocaudatus
N. minimus
Paracheridon axelrodi “Cardinals”

KILLIES:
Aphyosemion sp. Lobaye

BARBS:
Pethia setnai “Indigo Barb”
Puntigrus partipentazona "Dwarf Tiger Barb"

RASBORA:
Brevibora dorsiocellata “Emerald Eye”

CORYS:
Hoplisoma metae
H. oiapoquensis
H. atropersonatum
H. similis
H. C21

CICHLID:
Laetacara curviceps

LIVEBEARER:
Phalloceros caudimaculatus
 

Most reactions

Back
Top