• Green

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Gold

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

minnnt

Fish Expert
Reaction score
So, which would you choose? And how many could i fit in?

Tank is a planted Juwel Rio 180. :good:

Another vote for normals here too; they're just such smart looking little fish. Thugs as well, of course, but I love them all the same!

I am leaning toward normals aswell. :D Just wondered what was everyone elses opinions.

So... 25-30... really? Have you ever seen a fully grown adult TB? :lol:

I was thinking more like 20? Maybe i'm wrong though, lol.

I am leaning toward normals aswell. :D Just wondered what was everyone elses opinions.

So... 25-30... really? Have you ever seen a fully grown adult TB? :lol:

I was thinking more like 20? Maybe i'm wrong though, lol.
lol I've had a 5 year old Tiger barb which I rescued from someone when I had a tank of Barbs. Go with 20 and see how you feel dude, mine never really seemed to do much bar the dominant one who used to swim about a lot chasing the others.

What would you choose then Jay? I am very much open to suggestions... The tank has a couple of Platties in it atm to keep the filter running until i fully decide on the stocklist.

:good:

Well, my tiger tank is 48x15x15", filtered by a 1400lph APS external, 50-60% weekly water changes and that has two dozen tigers and nine zebra loach (and a gibbi, but we don't talk about the gibbi :blush: ; he's a rescue and his housing is currently under review...), so that might give you some idea.

I think the Rio is 39x18x15? :unsure: not entirely sure though, and i'm too lazy to go and get the tape measure, lmao.

Ok, 39x15x15 actually.

Well like I said start off with say the 20 you want and then you will be able to decided on how many you think? I had 20 in a 100 litre and water params where fine. I just got fed up with them as they were so aggressive, and I really prefer the south american fish... perhaps the aggression was down to to many in the tank?

A lovely planted tank full of normal tigers I think would look stunning, they are beautiful fish and when fully grown look amazing. Is this going to be the new planted tank you are going to Journal? hope so!

Cheers Jay. Yeah its the new tank. It's all setup and ticking over, the Crypts are in place as are the Vallis, Star Grass and Hygrophila.

Toying with the idea of some Hydrocotyle and wondering what to use as a kind of carpeting plant?! Got some Dwarf Sag on order that should be here Tuesday with a bit of look. May also add some Java Fern clumps and maybe the odd bit of Anubias here and there...

Any other thoughts?

I'm not solely limiting myself to the Tigers, i am up for anything really, :D

Cheers Jay. Yeah its the new tank. It's all setup and ticking over, the Crypts are in place as are the Vallis, Star Grass and Hygrophila.

Toying with the idea of some Hydrocotyle and wondering what to use as a kind of carpeting plant?! Got some Dwarf Sag on order that should be here Tuesday with a bit of look. May also add some Java Fern clumps and maybe the odd bit of Anubias here and there...

Any other thoughts?

I'm not solely limiting myself to the Tigers, i am up for anything really, :D
You and crypts!! although I must say in the few tanks i've set up for my dad I've used loads of crypts and they are great i've even tried to create a complete substrate covering using crypts in a very low tech tank and it is starting to come off and it looks great... well I think anyway... Do you wish to keep the fish species asian? or not to fussed on that? I'm not too good on more bullish fish bar Bolivian Rams, as your going to need something that can hold its own against the Tigers, as i'm sure you already know! lol

Have you started a Journal? i'd love to see it progress, really struggling with hard-scape on my new tank!

My previous Tiger Barbs were excellent. Very well behaved, even with Angels. I only had 9 but they were great lil fishies. I think a planted Tiger Barb tank looks brilliant.

As for fish, plants, scape etc i am totally open to sggestions. As long as they are suited to a 1m tank then i am all ears. :D

No journal yet, will get some pics tomorrow evening and get it started. Very impressed with the tank though, never really thought Juwel tanks were of the same quality as Fluval etc, but i reckon they definately are. The new style cabinets are class!

My previous Tiger Barbs were excellent. Very well behaved, even with Angels. I only had 9 but they were great lil fishies. I think a planted Tiger Barb tank looks brilliant.

As for fish, plants, scape etc i am totally open to sggestions. As long as they are suited to a 1m tank then i am all ears. :D

No journal yet, will get some pics tomorrow evening and get it started. Very impressed with the tank though, never really thought Juwel tanks were of the same quality as Fluval etc, but i reckon they definately are. The new style cabinets are class!
I have 2 Juwels both from the rekord series they are old and ugly massive black silicone but they do the job, the newer juwels def look alot better! I read alot about people having well behaved Tigers and maybe it is just down to individual characters, but thinking about it, it may have been to many in a 100 L! never mind we live and learn!

I can see a very dense planted tank with a nice rock and wood hard-scape, I am not the most creative sorry so a better description I cannot give lol... Your Puffer tank looked ace so something similar on a bigger scale would be great with perhaps a clear area that contains a nice hair grass carpet

normal ones and i'd go with 25-30

I also want to see plenty of vids and photos. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• GaryE
  • Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast
Back