Thread for sharing art

My dog.
 

Attachments

  • Shasta 20240519_164736 copy.webp
    Shasta 20240519_164736 copy.webp
    713.3 KB · Views: 120
Latest crochet project, kitten for scale/cuteness factor.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7910.webp
    IMG_7910.webp
    286.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_7913.webp
    IMG_7913.webp
    209.1 KB · Views: 114
Just finished a seax-type knife. Elk jaw handle with chokecherry wood cap and guard, finished with beeswax/pine pitch. Blade is damascus steel, purchased off Etsy. I sort of keep my eye open for good deals on blades like this. Yes, it's very sharp. 🗡️ I really love chokecherry wood; beautiful stuff and really hard and durable. There's no stain on this; that's the natural color.
knife1.webp

knife2.webp

knife3.webp
 
Just finished a seax-type knife. Elk jaw handle with chokecherry wood cap and guard, finished with beeswax/pine pitch. Blade is damascus steel, purchased off Etsy. I sort of keep my eye open for good deals on blades like this. Yes, it's very sharp. 🗡️ I really love chokecherry wood; beautiful stuff and really hard and durable. There's no stain on this; that's the natural color.
View attachment 353606
View attachment 353607
View attachment 353608
Thats a beautiful knife
 
@WhistlingBadger Did you buy the blade all ready to go or was there some “ Forged In Fire “ stuff you had to do ? The elk jaw handle is kind of serial killer-esque . Definitely something you don’t see every day .
 
@WhistlingBadger Did you buy the blade all ready to go or was there some “ Forged In Fire “ stuff you had to do ?

The blade was ready to go. Just had to trim up the tang a little with the dremel to make it fit the cavity in the jaw, and put a good edge on it. I don't do metalwork; it's something I'd like to learn but who has the time?

The elk jaw handle is kind of serial killer-esque . Definitely something you don’t see every day .
Yeah, it's a little too chunky for any kind of fine cutting. Much better for wreaking havoc among one's enemies in a shield wall. :cool:
 
Currently working on making a sheathe from a badger hide I've had lying around for a few years. Stay tuned...
A badger hide ? Why do I hear “ Hi , I’m Larry and this is my brother Daryl and my other brother Daryl “.
 
Just finished a seax-type knife. Elk jaw handle with chokecherry wood cap and guard, finished with beeswax/pine pitch. Blade is damascus steel, purchased off Etsy. I sort of keep my eye open for good deals on blades like this. Yes, it's very sharp. 🗡️ I really love chokecherry wood; beautiful stuff and really hard and durable. There's no stain on this; that's the natural color.
View attachment 353606
View attachment 353607
View attachment 353608
Finally got a sheath made for this beast. Badger fur, home-tanned elk leather, stitched with Irish linen. Might sell it to help finance spring travels, or might keep to wear with my kilt.
IMG_1445.jpeg

IMG_1447.jpeg

The empty eye holes looked kind of creepy so I glued colorful stones into them. Good thing they don’t look creepy now! :lol:
IMG_1446.jpeg
 
Last edited:

Most reactions

Back
Top