Thread for sharing art

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Not sure which was finished, I'm thinking the darker pic (room was dark when photo taken). My daughter ran off with the painting. I'm going to have to do another one for myself.
Love the lily pads!

This artwork was done by my nephew who gifted it to me. I consider it Steampunk art. The closer you look the more gears appear especially in the background.

Attachments

• 82EA4F88-7D13-414A-AA46-5E28B2A1B152.jpeg
    82EA4F88-7D13-414A-AA46-5E28B2A1B152.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 33
tracing is cheating :lol:
Yes it is. Just like training wheels on a bike are but their there to learn and so is the tracing.
The grass I did was all me as well as the feathers and the markings.
The main shape of the raptor is traced. That's all

Yes it is. Just like training wheels on a bike are but their there to learn and so is the tracing.
The grass I did was all me as well as the feathers and the markings.
The main shape of the raptor is traced. That's all
dont give up your day job d:D

And this is why I don't like sharing my stuff...
Constructive criticism is really good but then sometimes there are other comments.
And this is one of my "better" drawings even... Not that I draw that much anyway but out of the ones I have that's one of the best.
I do have a few paintings. One moon over mountains with clouds that were a but thicker than wanted, one sunset where it just didn't turn out right, and one arc-reactor...
The arc-reactor is my least favorite by far
The moon is my favorite and then the sunset is somewhere in between

I think that your drawing is great Rocky! I've never tried to draw a dinosaur before, and feel too intimidated to try. Maybe you could try drawing another dino, and make it even better. I myself haven't done that many landscape paintings (the two I did just came out looking... thin).

I find that if I'm not good at drawing a certain thing, then the only way to get better at it is to draw it until you are happy with the outcome.

Try abstract art, no real skill involved other than a basic grasp of colour theory. I did this one some time ago, it was good to try something else.
Abstract is quite fun, is also relaxing as well as there is no real goal in many cases

Try abstract art, no real skill involved other than a basic grasp of colour theory. I did this one some time ago, it was good to try something else.
That's really nice! I love all the colors used in there!
I think that your drawing is great Rocky! I've never tried to draw a dinosaur before, and feel too intimidated to try. Maybe you could try drawing another dino, and make it even better. I myself haven't done that many landscape paintings (the two I did just came out looking... thin).

I find that if I'm not good at drawing a certain thing, then the only way to get better at it is to draw it until you are happy with the outcome.
Thanks...
I think I may try picking up the pencil yet again and trying to draw other dino or maybe doing a landscape... Or both! 😅
Idk I'll just see what I feel like doing.
Maybe I will watch some you tube videos and get some ideas

Art is like anything else, practice makes perfect. I used to do a lot of artwork but give up and didn't do anything at all for about 30 years. About 12 months ago I got back into it.

The perch below was my first attempt after all that time, and it shows, lol. After honing my old skills a few weeks later I did the snake. They're light years apart but I couldn't have done that snake without practicing and getting back my old locked in skills.

Attachments

• IMG_20210521_203106_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210521_203106_HDR.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20210713_212544_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210713_212544_HDR.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 22

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back