Thorichthys Ellioti - Birmingham

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

No not a problem just bringing one (easier for me to catch just one that early in the morning lol). I am phoning the hospital tomorrow to confirm the time, it looks like it will be Thursday but will post here tomorrow to let you know. Do you know the cafe on the entrance to the univercity? as you do in the main entrance first right (by the horse field) is a cafe, hubby says he will park there on the road, its a silver citroen estate with a 3 legged fawn lurcher in the back. What car does he have to look out for? I am not sure if I will be going this time no one will baby/dog/turtle/budgie/fish sit for the day.

Our appointment is at 12.30 on Thursday so if you can get to the hospital for 12.15 that would be great.

Hi that's great, 12.15 is fine. Is that the 'Go West' cafe (I think it's called that, can't quite remember). I will probably be walking as the car isn't in the best shape at the moment!

I cant remember the name of the cafe, we only went in their once, nearly as much for a cuppa as the vet bills lol. I have some bubble wrap so I will wrap the bag in that to help keep it warm if you are walking.

We have 2 more visits after this one 3 weeks apart, just in case your friend changes their mind (or they grow a bit more).

Ok, well I think I know where you mean. It would be very kind of you to wrap the bag in bubble wrap - either that or I can bring a polystyrene box to insulate for the walk. It should only take me a few minutes, but it is very cold out there at the moment!

Thanks for letting me know about the other visits - I will pass the info on. Do let me know if they have a sudden growth spurt!

I'm getting all excited now - there's not much better than getting a new fish. Though I will miss not being able to choose myself... If you wouldn't mind choosing me a perfectly formed and cute one I would be very grateful! Though of course I do understand about it being early in the morning...

Thanks very much,
Alice

Hi Star4,

Do you think you will have some left by the 26th, I would be looking at three, 1M 2F if poss and I could come and collect, as they are small at Mo would they be OK in the 60 litre untill I can put them in the 4ft. I'm looking at re-homing the 2 Bala's. So their tank mates would be 2 x Moonlight Gouramis, 1 x Opaline Gourami, 3 x Otto's, 9 x Featherfin Rainbowfish and Inky the Betta. Would these be OK with these. Cheers. Hope all goes well at the Vets. :good:

Hi littlemonkey, they should be ok in the smaller tank to start off with, they are in a 90l at the mo, but there is lots of them. The other tankmates you list should be ok as they are rather gentle, but I am not 100% sure about the betta, it maybe worth asking in the cichlid section, so long as there are some hiding places for them. If I have a sudden flurry of people wanting them before the 26th I will happily keep 3 for you till then not a problem (I am holding about 10 for others at the mo till the weather clears). As for picking 1m & 2F at this age its really really difficult to tell, you are most welcome to come and pick your own.

Hope this helps

Dog is doing great thanks

Hi littlemonkey, they should be ok in the smaller tank to start off with, they are in a 90l at the mo, but there is lots of them. The other tankmates you list should be ok as they are rather gentle, but I am not 100% sure about the betta, it maybe worth asking in the cichlid section, so long as there are some hiding places for them. If I have a sudden flurry of people wanting them before the 26th I will happily keep 3 for you till then not a problem (I am holding about 10 for others at the mo till the weather clears). As for picking 1m & 2F at this age its really really difficult to tell, you are most welcome to come and pick your own.

Hope this helps

Dog is doing great thanks

Thanks Star4, I don't think The betta would be a problem she has fallen in love with the opaline (male) they stay quite close together by the heater, and I got him to keep the Moonlights company. Oh well so much for my matchmaking. Thanks for that. Please can you keep three for me and I'll be in touch to arrange collection, look forward to meeting you aswell.

OK no problem I will stick labels on your 3 (Kidding), see you around the 26th.

what size take do these need maybe interested in 1 or 2 if they will fit in a 64litre and be nice to my 2 dwarf neon rainbows (fast anyway)
will have to wait for the cycle to finish though

These fish require a minimum of a 3ft tank for life, 64L is far too small, as they reach 6"+.

Ditto Minxy, 64l is too small.

Shot today of 4 of my Ellioti from Star4, to show how they are colouring up and growing, for anybody interested in buying any of these.

P1040222.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back