Thorichthys Ellioti - Birmingham

For those interested Hubby is travelling to Stoke on Trent this weekend (weather permitting) and he is willing to meet along M6 for anyone that wishes to collect that way. He is also taking a trip to Cleethorps Lincolnshire and is willing to meet people who want to collect on the M1. We also travel to Cambridge along A14 every 3 weeks (dog is having cancer treatment) can also meet along there, but would need to be quick as we cant be late for her appointment.

(Not actually on the motorway, services off an exit he is reasonably flexible).

For those within a 50 mile radius (thereabouts) of Birmingham hubby will deliver for the cost of diesel, but a minimum of 4 fish.

So sorry to everyone asking about posting, I just dont have the spare cash to buy the poly boxes, heatpacks etc.

If its any help hon, I have 3 (or 4 cant remember) large poly boxes sitting in my shed I dont need, perfect for posting, free if you want them :good:

Oh brill, will pick them up when we are next over that way. Will pm you first :good:

Hi, I have been after some Ellioti but the ones in my lfs aren't great and have what look like deformed spines (sounds like the same deformity mentioned earlier). Do you still have some of yours left? If so are you are still going to be coming down to Cambridge at some point? Sorry to hear about your dog.

Hi, I have been after some Ellioti but the ones in my lfs aren't great and have what look like deformed spines (sounds like the same deformity mentioned earlier). Do you still have some of yours left? If so are you are still going to be coming down to Cambridge at some point? Sorry to hear about your dog.

Yes I have a few left, we are hoping to get to cambridge on Thursday weather permitting its the Queens vet school hospital Madingley Road (dont know if you know it) will happily bring some with us if we can get there this week or meet up with you nearby, if not this week it will be next week.

Its weird the chap that bought some off me today also mentioned the ones he looked at in the shops all seemed to have deformed spines? He was very pleased with mine as have all the people I have sold them to.

Hope this helps

Hi,

Yes I know the vet school - we are less than a mile away so that would be perfect! I only want one myself, but know of someone else local who was also looking for ellioti, so I'll check with him if he would like to add to the order.

Either this week or next week would be fine for me. What price are they at the moment?

Thanks for your help

Single ones are £4.50 each but if your friend wants some I will do 5 for £20. I will let you know when we are going, looks like it maybe cancelled again this week because its snowing again now. It will be either a Tuesday or Thursday and our appointment is normally around 12 ish.

Single ones are £4.50 each but if your friend wants some I will do 5 for £20. I will let you know when we are going, looks like it maybe cancelled again this week because its snowing again now. It will be either a Tuesday or Thursday and our appointment is normally around 12 ish.

Ok brilliant. I will get back to you with numbers asap. How many do you have left?

ooh rough guess maybe about 30 I think, they move too fast lol

Aw, how many did you start off with? How big are they now? Was it the parent's first batch of fry? (sorry for all the questions - don't worry about answering them if you're busy!)

I had about 80ish fry, the parents I got as a breeding pair, this was their first batch of fry with me, but I have sadly lost the male, so this will be my only batch. All the biggest have gone, but they are growing very fast the more room in the tank, the average size is about 1"+ but will select the biggest ones for you and your friend.

Oh that's a shame about the male. Are you planning on keeping any of the fry? Personally I would rather choose the prettiest than the biggest! But at the same time would rather avoid any possibility of him/her being eaten by their new tankmates...

I may keep a couple but not really sure yet, they are so pretty but getting very limited on space.

Hi, I have spoken to the person I thought may be interested in some as well, but unfortunately they are too small for him to be able to take (would get eaten.) So it would only be the one. Are you happy to bring one fish down to Cambridge? I understand if it's not worth the hassle!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back