This Forum Needs A "clean Up"

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

What should we do about "Broken" pinned threads?

• Total voters

fatheadminnow

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
For the past couple weeks now I have had a look at A LOT of the pinned topics here on TFF, and most of them use links and other pictures to help explain what they are trying to say.

However, most of the links on those pinned topics are broken and no longer work, and the pictures are non-existent. It just says "user posted image" and the image is gone.

To me, this is very un useful.

What I am imposing is that the board get together and decide what to do about these pinned articles.

Either they try to fix them themselves, they try to contact the OP to get him or her to "update" their pinned thread or they remove the pinned thread altogether.

To me, a pinned topic that has broken links and non-existent pictures, is a thread that is no longer useful to this forum.

Especially where the pinned article needs pictures to help show what it is saying.

We need to clean this up a bit, please! It is really annoying reading a pinned thread that no longer works.

-FHM

I voted try the first two then delete the thread.

I'd also like to see the species profiles sorted at the same time, some are totally wrong and a lot more could be added. I added one months ago but never got posted :(

thanks for bringing this up..i agree-it's annoying, not very useful and should be addressed.
cheers

Agree this is a great idea. Lets try to fix them if that doesn't work then delete.

Thanks for bringing this up FHM

thanks for bringing this up..i agree-it's annoying, not very useful and should be addressed.
cheers

I have not voted yet.... I honestly hope we can get something positive out of this one before it diverges... this type of discussion is healthy and helps us. Please... just keep it constuctive and relevant.

Thanks for the input, Ludwig Venter.

I too agree, that we should really try to fix the problem rather than completely eliminating it.

I would rather see the pinned articles be fixed than deleting them. However, if there is no way the "broken" pinned article can be fixed, then I think it should be deleted, instead it is just going to be taking up useless space on the forum that could be utilized for something more relevant.

-FHM

It may help to link to specific topics that are faulty? If they cannot be be fixed then maybe someone could re-write the info?

I agree the fish profiles need looking at too.

It may help to link to specific topics that are faulty? If they cannot be be fixed then maybe someone could re-write the info?

I agree the fish profiles need looking at too.
There are pinned topics in ever section that are out dated and not working.

What needs to be done is have the board go through each pinned topic here on TFF and try to fix on accordingly.

Me bringing up each topic is a little irrelevant as it would take too long for one person to do so, and I would most likely miss a lot.

This is something that the board needs to do; get a handful of mods together and assign them to certain parts of the forum, and have them weed through the pinned articles.

-FHM

Agree FHM, it would definately be too much for one person to do. You would definately need a team.

every (sub)forum you go into, scroll to the bottom of it and it has a Moderator assigned to such forum on the bottom left...i.e... "this forum is led by"...... If you thus have any recommendation and want to notify the leader of such forum... forward your suggestion to the forum leader.... those forums without leaders will just indicate that they are "led by" admin"....

every (sub)forum you go into, scroll to the bottom of it and it has a Moderator assigned to such forum on the bottom left...i.e... "this forum is led by"...... If you thus have any recommendation and want to notify the leader of such forum... forward your suggestion to the forum leader.... those forums without leaders will just indicate that they are "led by" admin"....
Yes I know, that is why I posted this thread here as this is the area where all mods and admins should be able to see.

I know you mods have your own section that is not visible to us users.

I was hoping you guys could get together and deal with this matter accordingly.

Thanks

-FHM

I think possibly, you need to fix the threads that need un-pinning before you sort the ones that need to remain pinned, but fixed. An example is here. Do you really need 12 "coral of the week" threads? I think the most up-to-date is dated the 26th of September, so should any of them really be there? OK the archive may be OK to keep pinned, but what about the others? Mind you, I've pointed this out several times over the last month, and nothing has been done. :rolleyes:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back