Thinking Of A Malawi Set Up

Ahh he has some good fish there. How come your selling.them minnnt?

F1 means first generation from wild parents mate.. :)

Tank sounds good mate.

As for the fish, no idea. Lol. I've had em about a month so they have grown on a little. If you wanted to mix in some Socolofi also then you can do.

Sup to you mate.

Ok it would be a good start for me, putting water in tank tomorrow got Limpopo sub going in as well so filter on as well, not sure how much media I will have or how long before it cycled and ready for them ?

With the media from me you should be able to stock 10 juveniles straight away. You may have to do a daily water change for a couple of days though just to ensure no spike occurs. The bacteria will soon multiply to cope with their bio load.

You're basically going to leave here with a close on fully cycled filter.

Thanks that would be great I better get it running tomorrow
So it can clear up ;)

Second coat going on before bed and that's that job done :)

Nice one.

Bring the filter with you mate. It will keep the sponges etc from drying out.

Also, if you haven't already sorted any i have a few bio balls you can have. :good: The plan is to basically give you a bit from all of my 5 externals. lol.

And if you do want the fish then let me know which ones as it will be a empty the whole tank of rocks and 90% of the water job as they are like lighting and as soon as i dangle the net in the water they are gone and you wouldn't even know there were any fish in there at all.

ok cheers
2nd coat of pain just on, re clean tomorrow and its time for the sand and water... :good:

This thread made a brill read - so many people helping each other out - well done all!!

I recently started my 200L back up after moving my amazon setup to a smaller 125L. The P soulosi I have go great with "rusty cichlid". Colour compliment and clash beautifully. Have a think about getting some rustys in there and having a few less soulosi. Very mild mannered so would help calm a 180L jobbie.

More pikkies please!

This thread made a brill read - so many people helping each other out - well done all!!

I recently started my 200L back up after moving my amazon setup to a smaller 125L. The P soulosi I have go great with "rusty cichlid". Colour compliment and clash beautifully. Have a think about getting some rustys in there and having a few less soulosi. Very mild mannered so would help calm a 180L jobbie.

More pikkies please!
Thanks I will updating this thread tonight with more photos

Post me a photo of your 200l please

Found A camera - not the best one, that is still hidden somewhere so these will have to do.

Put two in as fish do seem to move! You can see the yellow female P soulosi, the blue male is just about visible at the bottom of one of the pics. The Rusty's - males have a gorgeous purple colouration when mature and dominant, females stay more rusty brown but still have some colour at some angles. I think the purple and rusty brown work well with the blue and yellow.

DSCF3996.jpg

DSCF3995.jpg

Edit: taking me a couple of attempts to get the pikkies to show

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back