Thinking Of A Malawi Set Up

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

No carbon in any of mine. Seachem Purigen will be far better in the filter. Nice filter too :lol:

No carbon in any of mine. Seachem Purigen will be far better in the filter. Nice filter too :lol:
what does that do ?

just opened the filter in the bath and heres whats in there

top to bottom

Filter Floss Pad (binned)
Carbon Filter Media (was missing and carbon bag where there now in bin)
Biological Filter Foam
Biological Filter Foam
Biological Filter Foam
Bio Filter Balls (missing and full of old juwel filter box media)
Biological Filter Foam
Ceramic Filter Rings

thats how it looks at the mo looks like im going to have to get the bio balls every thing ells looks ok
im all ears to any suggestion on how to have and what media to use

ooh and i got with it a cool pipe clear, so off to clean my pipes lol....
3df362fb.jpg

Purigen is THE bestest bestest filter media available and known to man. It is AWESOME. :D End of.

Get the bio balls and replace the carbon with Purigen along with some new filter floss and you will be laughing. :good:

Purigen is THE bestest bestest filter media available and known to man. It is AWESOME. :D End of.

Get the bio balls and replace the carbon with Purigen along with some new filter floss and you will be laughing. :good:
i maybe able to get some mature bio balls will go begging at MH :rolleyes:
i also got a load of lava rock 13 good size bit (not what i want) how much does thats stuff cost have you any idea ?

It won't leak either as it has the new style adaptor ;)

Whats the pipe going into the filter? :blink:

yes the guy said its about 1yrs old the tank is new style as well with t5 light i wonder weather i should swap the t5 to my planted tank and t8 to malawi ?

lol the pipe is just a gravel cleaner in the bucket at the back of the filter, does look like it in the filter :good:

yes the guy said its about 1yrs old the tank is new style as well with t5 light i wonder weather i should swap the t5 to my planted tank and t8 to malawi ?

lol the pipe is just a gravel cleaner in the bucket at the back of the filter, does look like it in the filter :good:

:lol: :rofl:

The swap sounds like a plan mate.

But, I have a blue tube in mine, and with it being T8 i had to go with solid blue rather than the 50:50 tube i originally planned as i couldn't find one. Plenty for the T5's though. All depends if you want blue or not.

Nice tank though mate, looks a cracker. And the filter will be immense. But it won't fit in the cabinet...

I use purigen too, brilliant stuff can be recharged with a mild bleach but I prefer to buy a new bag every3 to 4 months.

Btw, nice tank. Look forward to seeing it finished. Did you go with a Malawi tank in the end minnnt?

But, I have a blue tube in mine, and with it being T8 i had to go with solid blue rather than the 50:50 tube i originally planned as i couldn't find one. Plenty for the T5's though. All depends if you want blue or not.

Nice tank though mate, looks a cracker. And the filter will be immense. But it won't fit in the cabinet...
lol and ive just got ne tubes for the t8's ive read on internet a blue tube make it look good and keep the light not too bright i will think about swapping them

i no it massive lol i dont mind it at the side of the tank

No Mrs here nagging it in the way, just me and my son.... :good:

can i ask how you control algae in it please..?

I use purigen too, brilliant stuff can be recharged with a mild bleach but I prefer to buy a new bag every3 to 4 months.

Btw, nice tank. Look forward to seeing it finished. Did you go with a Malawi tank in the end minnnt?

Hiya mate, long time no speak. Here you go...

Malawi Tank by David Raynham, on Flickr

lol and ive just got ne tubes for the t8's ive read on internet a blue tube make it look good and keep the light not too bright i will think about swapping them

i no it massive lol i dont mind it at the side of the tank

No Mrs here nagging it in the way, just me and my son.... :good:

can i ask how you control algae in it please..?

The blue is ok, but i think i would prefer the 50:50. If i was you i would keep the lights as they are. I grew plants better under T8's. :look:

As for algae, 7 hours a day and a Bristlenose works wonders in my tank. None what so ever for some reason.

I know its been a while. Very nice mate, great looking tank, size isit??

cheers pipes and fittings are now clean, need to remove the silicone the last owner left on the glass when he removed the box filter...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back