What's new

Think my Red Wag Platy is pregnant

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Fishingwithandrew

Reaction score
CADCC956-1EA8-436D-BBBF-79231A2D29EB.jpeg

Think my Red Wag Platy is pregnant I just got her today I’m hoping that she is pregnant. I use to have guppies but now trying platys out

Unless the breeding trap is big, you are better off leaving the female in the tank so she doesn't feel trapped and stressed out. Have lots of plants in the tank for her and the babies to hide in and use a small plastic container to scoop any babies out after she has them.

Unless the breeding trap is big, you are better off leaving the female in the tank so she doesn't feel trapped and stressed out. Have lots of plants in the tank for her and the babies to hide in and use a small plastic container to scoop any babies out after she has them.
BAC6F04B-B625-4666-85B1-F6B4AB266131.jpeg
And here is what my tank look like

View attachment 123616And here is what my tank look like
If these are all the fish you've got in there, then there's no need for you to put the pregnant female seperately. The palties themselves hardly chase or eat their fry in such an enviroment. And for sure those neon tetras won't eat the platy fry.

If these are all the fish you've got in there, then there's no need for you to put the pregnant female seperately. The palties themselves hardly chase or eat their fry in such an enviroment. And for sure those neon tetras won't eat the platy fry.
Oh ok I did take her out of the breeder she is hiding by the tank heater behind some plants the only time she come out from behind the plants is to chase off the other female platy or when it feeding time

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back