Things Being This Way

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Meat is something that's not been in short supply where I live. OK, minced beef is hard to get, and chicken breasts (all suitable for making spag bol and curries), but all other meat is readily available. And there's no shortage of fresh fruit and veg now - there was a few days ago but it may have occurred to people who rarely eat fresh that you can't stockpile fruit & veg as they go off.

My theory is that the WiFi is slow for everyone because everyone is staying home and working from home. (Aka using more band width)

That’s just my theory. :)
It's actually correct. It was on the news here last week. Everyone working from home is using the bandwidth and slowing the internet down.

----------------------
Same. I’m having to limit myself when I eat. I also have a mild “illness” of getting really grouchy/tired when I don’t get a proper meal. (I forgot what it’s called) :(
Low blood sugar causes that.

People call it “Hangry”. (Hungry/angry)

Same. I’m having to limit myself when I eat. I also have a mild “illness” of getting really grouchy/tired when I don’t get a proper meal. (I forgot what it’s called) :(
It's called being hangry

That was it. My mom had it, so I guess it’s genetics?
No it's just low blood sugar makes you angry or moody when you are hungry and hangry is the slang word ;)

When you eat food like breads and cereals or sugar based foods and drinks, they release sugars into your body. These sugars are broken down quite quickly (within a few hours) and then you run out. When you run out of sugars in your blood, you feel dizzy and light headed due to low blood sugar levels.

If you have meat and vegetables instead of breads and cereals, the meat and veg take longer to release nutrients and they don't release sugars. The meat and veg gives you a more steady supply of nutrients and energy that are a bit harder to digest than sugars, but they don't screw up your pancreas like sugars do.

If you consume a lot of foods with flour or sugar in, you are more likely to have massive fluctuations in blood sugar levels, including low blood sugar, and more likely to develop heart disease and Type 2 Diabetes.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back