Thing in Bottle? HELP

ammer

Reaction score
So my friend went to Florida or somewhere down there, and brought me back this bottle of sand and water.

She had brought the bottle back right after, but I didnt recieve it until September 8th. Since then it's been sitting in a bag in the back of my room. I realized the brownies she gave me were molding [I dont like chocolate] so those got thrown away, and the bottle was just sat on the floor. Just 10 minutes ago I picked up the bottle and while observing it, saw something clearish/white fly by. I look inside and WHAT there's a fish [or something?!] :dunno:

I dont know how it got in there, but its just a dasani bottle. The sand's blackish, but definately has brown in it. I'd assume its salt water, but I could be wrong. Is there a way to test the water without test strips, by any chance?

Anyway, onto the mysterious fishy thing! Its small, very small, I'd say maybe like two millimeters? Its clearish, and it seems to have two dangly things off the front of its face and I want to say small spikey-lookin clear things off of its back. WAIT, ITS NOT A FISH, WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON.

SO JUST KIDDING, its like.. I thought it had sharp pointy fins, but the fins seem to ... wait.. are those legs? GOSH sorry, I'm still observing.

Okay, so it now resembles a tiny tiny tiny lobster. I put a piece of fish food in, for the heck of it, and it just LATCHED on and is eating the crap out of it or something.

man, I dont know, dody have any suggestions on where I could find information? I'm sure you guys are all lost and now this seems like the wrong place...

MissClaire said:
:lol: You've got a new friend!! you have to name 'it' something! Sorry but I have NO idea what that is!
Haha, well I guess I could name it Thing until I figure out what it is. :thumbs:

I gave it a piece of fish food, and now I can see its stomach filling up with orange stuff...

ammer said:
MissClaire said:
:lol: You've got a new friend!! you have to name 'it' something! Sorry but I have NO idea what that is!
Haha, well I guess I could name it Thing until I figure out what it is. :thumbs:

I gave it a piece of fish food, and now I can see its stomach filling up with orange stuff...
mm might be eggs :D

Awww man! Poor little Thing must've been really hungry after all that time. Can you take any pics?

Edit: You THREW AWAY chocolate.... you're a bad 'un.... :rofl:

sounds like some kind of shrimp thingy perhaps.

did your friend mention why she was giving you a bottle of sand? was it just...a bottle of sand, or is it meant to have something in it? if not, you might wanna phoen her and ask :)

:) could it be a sand flea? we get them over here in the uk

I took a picture but its so impossible to see, so I'll draw it [poorly].

wtfisthis.jpg

hahaha :*) I suck.

After I fed it its a lot more active, and its like the fastest thing in the world. Could it be a sand flea? I dunno what they are but figuring out what this cooky thing is would be cool, haha.

and my friend just gave the the bottle of sand just as that, a bottle of sand, haha. She didnt intend for anything to be in it..

OH and yeah, I threw away chocolate. A. The brownies were moldy and B. I dont like chocolate anyway :whistle:

-_- What ever it is don't let it loose in your bedroom :unsure:

It might eat you when your asleep :eek:

i found out what it is its a sand hopper

Weird as I am, it sounds like a simply brine shrimp to me! :p Brother used to keep them as pets, horrible things they are :p

Erised said:
Weird as I am, it sounds like a simply brine shrimp to me! :p Brother used to keep them as pets, horrible things they are :p
use them to feed your fish, I'm sure their opinion will differ :p :p

Sand Hopper? I looked up pictures and it doesn't look anything like this thing does.. thanks though ;) Brine Shrimp? Hm, well I looked up those pictures and thats A LOT closer, but the tail part isnt long, and it looks more.. flat? kind of like a lobster tail, but not. I'll just look for more shrimp pictures.

Well, WHATEVER IT IS, I have no use for either, I'm sure :p

So what exactly should I do with it? I mean its not like I can change the water or anything, so trying to keep it alive would probably result in feeding it until it dies from its own... waste... chemicals? but at the same time, all of this really makes me want to figure out what it is.

Think it'd be a good idea to ask a teacher at my highschool, like the animal science teacher or something?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back