The Worst Thing You Ever Saw In Your Lfs

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Yeah but the screaming kid thing is not confined to fish shops is it.... worst thing I have ever seen in a shop, 100 or so Pangasious, a hand full of Vampire Tetras...., red tailed catfish and a goliath tiger fish.... the Vampires and Goliath were in the same shop, seen too many red tails that I care to remember and though I have seen many Pangasious over single occasions I cant quite get over seeing a full wall of baby ones with a sign "Iridescent catfish, stays small, £5 for 10"

Wills

ha by chance is the Pangasius your talking about come from a local shop say just outside of Hedon? I got sold 2 a long time ago when I was young and uneducated, told them the tank was 180l and they said they would be fine and i could even up the numbers.

Yep, when I set up my tank after a house move I went to have a look because I remembered it was quite big but I got in and the full wall was full of the things :/ I asked if they knew the scientific name and they didnt even know what scientific names were.... I explained I was worried they were monsters and they said they have never heard of them getting bigger than they were now....

Wills

Glad were talking about the same place, safety say mine did not last long in a 180l when i got them they was 2-3 inch already, the one in thorgumbald is pretty shocking too bad tanks and everything is covered in thick dust plus you have to pay a premium for the individual fish you want otherwise you get first in the net LOL.

luckily my LFs is pretty good but I have seen some teenagers (the stereotyped sort 'we rule the world') well the shop is plit into three rooms and they went into the marine room and stuck their hand in the tank :crazy: luckily the tank with the poisonous fish were on the top. Safe to see they where yelled at and told to leave and never come back.

One garden centre near me has a rope barrier about 4 feet away from the tanks to keep the customers away. This makes it tricky to see the fish properly, but there is a reason. Shortly before the barrier appeared, I had wandered through the fish section on my way to the garden plants and found the staff clearing up the remains of the smashed tank.....

Yesterday I went to my LFS and saw at least one fish dead or close to dead in every tank! At least one of every species too.

The one in thorgumbald is pretty shocking too bad tanks and everything is covered in thick dust plus you have to pay a premium for the individual fish you want otherwise you get first in the net LOL.

I went when he was just opening up and got a great red spot sev from him but it is a bit rubbish now :/ I think he makes most money off the other animals though. Really wish we had an amazing shop near us because there isnt one for miles and it would do quite well I think as Sheffield has a great fish scene but no amazing shop to support it and the same for York and Leeds where as the west coast has quite a lot and when you get to midlands it pics up as well.

Wills

Not sure what caused it perhaps temperature. Owhen i went into one of my LFS about a year ago all of the feeder comets were forcing themselves into one corner of the tank, keep in mind this is a typical feeder comet tank (like 200 1/2 inch fish in a 30 ish gallon) They were all pushing into that corner so hard that it looked like the one on bottom in the front kinda popped....

On a semi comical note for those that like crayfish. At the same store about 2 months later in that comet tank were 4 baby electric blue crayfish apparently one the store had gotten from a distributer was preggers non of the staff new what to do with them when they hatched I guess momma ate most of them and they threw the rest in there since they did not have another tank for them all 4 were quite well fed granted it was much to the comets dismay.

Most reactions

Back