The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

riffraff

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
evening all,
anyway i dont really mean the worst thing you saw regarding fish as such, but
today i went to the lfs and it was packed, about 40-50 people milling about, anyway
there was this one family of erm , well. chav types :blink: with a little brat
screaming her head off to be lifted up to the tanks, she just kept screaming ,
no no not that one its not pretty enough, not that one its the wrong colour, no i
dont like it etc etc, the little darling :angry:

anyone else ever felt like walking straight out or maybe putting someone in with
the piranhas (after cutting them first of course) :hey:
cheers
riffraff

Worst thing I saw recently was tanks so crammed full of fish they could hardly move.
It wasn't my Lfs, but I was in the area where there was a fish shop, so went in to have a look, I felt so sorry for the fish.
Apart from that, yes I've seen brats screaming & banging on the tanks.
Wouldn't dare say anything as I'd probably get hit by the parents

Yeah but the screaming kid thing is not confined to fish shops is it.... worst thing I have ever seen in a shop, 100 or so Pangasious, a hand full of Vampire Tetras...., red tailed catfish and a goliath tiger fish.... the Vampires and Goliath were in the same shop, seen too many red tails that I care to remember and though I have seen many Pangasious over single occasions I cant quite get over seeing a full wall of baby ones with a sign "Iridescent catfish, stays small, £5 for 10"

Wills

Lively fish (Zebra Danios etc.) in tiny tanks, then often in the same store sedate fish in relatively big tanks... When they ought to be the other way around.

betta keepers being sold that are less than 2x the size the cups/bowls they sold bettas in is one of the worst i've found

Worst thing I ever saw was my local P@H's entire stocking, around 50% were dead, I went back the next day to pick up the order for my dog and the dead fish were still there.

Worst thing I ever saw that is non fish related was 2 policemen beating the living daylights out of a shoplifter they'd caught.
When I said "there's no need for that" I was told to go away, but not as politely as that

Worst thing I've seen in my LFs.....has to be the Dyed Blood Parrots and "Strawberry" and "Blueberry" Tetras as well as Tattooed Mollys and the worst, has to be the dye-injected glass fish :-(
They also have a massive Remora in a i think 60 gallon tank, because someone bought it from them 3 months ago and brought it back becuase "he didn't know they got that big" and now the poor thing is in a tank thats 50 gallons too small...

And one time I walked by their Kuhli Loach tank, three were dead and one had a massive fungal infection :sick: But that was a one time incident and now whenever I walk by the loach tank they're all hunky doory

Worst thing I ever saw that is non fish related was 2 policemen beating the living daylights out of a shoplifter they'd caught.
When I said "there's no need for that" I was told to go away, but not as politely as that

Respect to the police officers. (here comes the abuse)

Worst i seen is a lfs throwing dead fish on the floor. I know they are dead but didnt look good. There was about 5 dead fish by his feet

The "feeder fish" aka comet minnows were all gone and I asked what happened and the guy said that half were dead that morning so the boss said to just kill the rest and start the tank fresh.

Worst thing was a lfs who did not care for the fish when bagging it for me, he pulled it out with his hands then literally throwing it in the bag, then adding water, he added the least amount as possible, then gave it to me with no oxygen in it
no.gif
I handed the bag back and walked out and muttered a few things about him on the way out.
Also seeing a giant oscar crammed in a 5 gallon and couldnt move
angry.gif

Respect to the police officers. (here comes the abuse)

Worst i seen is a lfs throwing dead fish on the floor. I know they are dead but didnt look good. There was about 5 dead fish by his feet

I have every respect for the police, but what they did that day was way over the top

Worst thing I ever saw in a fish shop wasnt in my local one. I had traveled to see if they had any nice Malawi Cichlids. The guy was clearly struggling to catch the fish I had picked out so he had to take all the decor out of the tank. He put some rocks on the floor and clearly hadnt checked them over properly as there was a loach on the floor, as I went to pick the poor thing up he kicked it under the tank displays. I took his name and walked right out of there.

Worst thing I ever saw in a fish shop wasnt in my local one. I had traveled to see if they had any nice Malawi Cichlids. The guy was clearly struggling to catch the fish I had picked out so he had to take all the decor out of the tank. He put some rocks on the floor and clearly hadnt checked them over properly as there was a loach on the floor, as I went to pick the poor thing up he kicked it under the tank displays. I took his name and walked right out of there.

D:

that poor loachy :sad:
I hope that a-hole was fired :grr:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back