Why do we do it to ourselves

Beautiful fish, no two ways about it.

Self torture seems to be a habit of fishkeepers.....torturing yourself quickly followed by torturing the bank account to get "that" fish....yep....been there, done that too many times in the past.

I still do it now....but not face to face with "that" fish that is calling my name each night....or the mental jumble of "can that chest of drawers move here to allow that big aquarium to go there" scenario at night when I should be asleep.

Even being housebound I still argue with the financials, the furniture and whether or not "that" fish can be, could be, should be mine....I do try to stop myself looking through my supplier's website for their new stock, honestly I do TRY....but that addiction to "OK, just one look" ends up being almost hourly....then the tape measure comes out and the "I wonder if the freezer can go into the hallway....hmmmm....that would give me room for another 200 litre.....hmmmm....."

I then give myself a slap, put the tape measure away and go do something else.

Til the next time....

Why do we do it to ourselves​

Because we're stupid
We are gluttons for punishment
We don't learn from our mistakes

think how happy youā€™d be right now with a nice big new tank and the pair ... just saying ahahaha
Im majorly impulsive and have access to a fish store that delivers so I donā€™t even have to move to be impulsive and he always seems to send me lists of new stock as iv just had a few beers so I end up with turtles n stuff if I didnā€™t have children and or they didnā€™t cost so much I dread to think what sorts of animals Iā€™d own

think how happy youā€™d be right now with a nice big new tank and the pair ... just saying ahahaha
Im majorly impulsive and have access to a fish store that delivers so I donā€™t even have to move to be impulsive and he always seems to send me lists of new stock as iv just had a few beers so I end up with turtles n stuff if I didnā€™t have children and or they didnā€™t cost so much I dread to think what sorts of animals Iā€™d own
Oh yeah I cant wait haha! Taking baby steps towards it finally decided which tank I want - just trying to work out how to pay for it haha but nearly there!

Wills

Oh yeah I cant wait haha! Taking baby steps towards it finally decided which tank I want - just trying to work out how to pay for it haha but nearly there!

Wills
Thatā€™s the issue for me the price of tanks , Iā€™d love to buy a brand new 7ft rimless but I canā€™t justify spending that amount of money on anything that wonā€™t benefit my children . Maybe in 15 years time il actually be able to spend my own money on myself but for now Iā€™m making the most of the second hand market . I think I only paid Ā£70 for my 125g and stand but I only bought it for the size it wasnā€™t a tank I would of bought if i didnā€™t need it at the time lol

Thatā€™s the issue for me the price of tanks , Iā€™d love to buy a brand new 7ft rimless but I canā€™t justify spending that amount of money on anything that wonā€™t benefit my children . Maybe in 15 years time il actually be able to spend my own money on myself but for now Iā€™m making the most of the second hand market . I think I only paid Ā£70 for my 125g and stand but I only bought it for the size it wasnā€™t a tank I would of bought if i didnā€™t need it at the time lol
I've been looking second hand for a while but no bargains at all anywhere near me. Saw one for a 90cm tank that I nearly went for but decided I'd rather put the money toward this tank. I've had some bad experiences second hand in the past too. I might go second hand for equipment though and going for super cheap lighting. Quite picky on the stand too which does not help...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back