The Stand Is Now Done.

WayneVT08

Fishaholic
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
432
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Atlanta, Georgia, US
The stand for my 55 gallon tank was finished today, tomorrow evening I'll be bringing it upstiars and putting my tank on it, I don't know what I should do next, but sand I'm guessing, how should I rinse it?
 
i took a 5 gallon bucket poured some in and flush it well with water about 15 min per bucket load did it in 3 parts
some people use a pillow case to wash it
 
The best way I have found for washing sand is to fill a bucket half to a third full of raw sand and flush water into the sand using a garden hose. When the bucket gets full of muddy water, I dump it off and let it refill while stirring the sand with my hand. Repeat the process until the water in the bucket is clear and then pour that bucket of sand into the tank. Repeat as needed to get enough washed sand for the tank. If you are using a very fine sand, you need to be careful that you don't wash away the sand along with the dirt. On a fine sand, you need to let the water in the full bucket settle for just a few seconds so that the sand can fall out but the muddy stuff is still in suspension before you pour off the dirty water.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top